- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 4 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 6 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- 8 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc & Tiguan To Become Available In India Again: Here Are All Details
- Lifestyle Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti 2021: Date And Significance Of This Festival
- News Keep ex-CM letter pad ready: Suvendu Adhikari's dig at Mamata Banerjee
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Sports India vs Australia: Pant has silenced his critics forever: coach Sinha
- Movies Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Priyamvada Kant To Play Mohsin Khan's Love Interest
- Technology Vi Extends Validity Weekend Data Rollover Facility Until April
- Finance SBI Vs HDFC Vs ICICI Vs Axis Vs PNB: FD Rates Compared For General Public
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Yamaha launched the R15 V3.0 BS6 motorcycle earlier this year in the Indian market. When launched it was already more expensive than its BS4 counterpart. The company announced a price hike in May 2020 by Rs 1,000 for the motorcycle.
According to the recent reports, Yamaha has increased the prices of its entry-level sports bike again in the market. This time around all three colour schemes of YZF-R15 V3.0 receives a price increase of Rs 2,100.
The Thunder Grey, Racing Blue and the Dark Knight now retails at Rs 1.47 lakh, Rs 1.49 lakh and Rs 1.50 lakh, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi). The company could have increased the prices owing to the recent losses incurred during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting nation-wide lockdown.
The YZF-R15 continues to use an updated version of the same engine that powered the BS4 models. The liquid-cooled, single-cylinder 155cc units now produce 18.3bhp and 14.1Nm of torque. Ths engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox with a slip-assist clutch.
The motorcycle continues to feature the LED headlamps and tail-lamps with conventional turn indicators, a fully-digital LCD for Instrument cluster, and split-style step-up seats. New changes to the BS-VI model include new radial tyres, dual-horn and side-stand activated engine cut-off.
Suspension duties are handled by a conventional telescopic fork at the front and a mono-shock set up at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is done via a 282mm disc at the front and 220mm at the rear. The motorcycle is offered with dual-channel ABS as standard.
The YZF-R15 rivals the KTM RC200 and the Suzuki Gixxer SF in the Indian market. However, the Japenese motorcycle features aggressive looks that have always appealed to younger generation buyers who are on the lookout for an affordable fully-faired motorcycle.
Thoughts About The Yamaha R15 V3.0 Price Increase Announced
The Yamaha YZF-R15 continues to be one among the most affordable sports bikes in the Indian market. The motorcycle is known for its best power figures for the segment and its excellent manoeuvrability around bends. We expect the demand for the motorcycle to remain unaffected despite the recent price increase.