- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Bhagyashree To Play The Role Of Jayalalithaa's Mother In Kangana Ranaut's Thalaivi: Report
- News Rare Comet Neowise headed to earth, will be visible in India from July 14 for next 20 days
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Technology Intel Thunderbolt 4 Universal Dock Officially Announced: What Caught Our Attention?
- Sports England's batting still their nemesis: Nasser Hussain
- Lifestyle Mouni Roy, Swara Bhasker Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Light Ethnic Suit Will You Pick For Casual Function?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Specification for the upcoming Yamaha MT15 BS6 have been leaked by an unknown source ahead of the company's official announcement. The Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer has not revealed any principal details like specifications and pricing of the MT15 just yet.
According to Rushlane, the Yamaha MT15 shares its engine (including performance and power figures) with the Yamaha R15 V3.0. However, other build elements like the sprockets, and the swingarm are different, and are suited for the motorcycle's naked-street characteristics.
The motorcycle features a full-LED headlamp and tail lamp, an LCD instrument console, single-channel ABS, conventional telescopic forks at the front, a mono-shock at the rear.
The Yamaha MT15 also features a Deltabox frame, a re-worked secondary reduction gear to improve initial acceleration, and a slipper assist clutch as well.
The current-generation Yamaha MT15 BS4 motorcycle features a 155cc liquid-cooled engine that produces 19bhp of power and 15Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The all-new Yamaha MT15 BS6 motorcycle also features the 155cc liquid-cooled engine, but with a reduction in power and performance figures. The now BS6 compliant engine produces 18.3bhp of power and 14.1Nm of torque.
The current-generation Yamaha MT15 is priced between Rs 1.36 lakh and Rs 1.39 lakh (ex-showroom, India). We expect that the BS6 compliant model will carry a premium of between Rs 7,000 and Rs 9,000 at best.
In related news, the company launched the Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS6 model last month at Rs 1.45 lakh (ex-showroom, India). There were no other significant upgrades made to the motorcycle outside of BS6 compliance. To know more, click here.
The Deltabox is a frame for the motorcycle chassis, just like Trellis, Diamond, and Perimeter are. The frame is triangular, and gets its name Delta from the Greek symbol for triangle.
The Deltabox frame is built using aluminum making it 40 percent lighter than conventional steel frames. Yamaha has developed this Deltabox frame to give their motorcycles fantastic handling at high speeds, and to offer extensive control in corners.
Thoughts About The Yamaha MT15 BS6 Specifications Leaked
Technically, Yamaha leaked the specifications of the MT15 BS6 model the day they launched the R15 V3.0 BS6 motorcycle. We also understand that Yamaha enthusiasts may not be very happy with the reduction in performance and power numbers, but it is necessary in order to control climate change.