- 18 hrs ago Emissions & PUC Tests Become Centralised — Your Vehicle Can Now Get A Rejection Slip For Pollution
- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors’ Strides In The Commercial Vehicle Segment: Long Haulage With Tata Trucks
- 1 day ago From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- 1 day ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- Technology Battlegrounds Mobile India Ban: CAIT Urges Union IT Minister To Ban New Game
- News World Music Day 2021: What is the history, significance and quotes for 'Fete de la Musique'
- Movies Kapil Sharma Shares First Picture Of His Son Trishaan With Daughter Anayra On Father’s Day
- Sports PSL 2021 Qualifier 1: Islamabad United v Multan Sultans: Dream11, Possible Playing 11, Timing, Prediction
- Finance Sensex Plunges 550 Points On Weak Global Cues
- Education Why Is International Yoga Day Celebrated On June 21?
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Yamaha Motor India has launched the much-awaited Bluetooth connected technology called the 'Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X' in the country. The FZS Dark Knight Edition becomes the first Bluetooth enabled motorcycle from the brand in the Indian market. The Bluetooth enabled FZS Dark Knight Edition retails at Rs 1.07 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The company has also announced that the Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X Bluetooth technology' can be added to other models in the 150cc FZ range. Customers have to purchase a device which is offered as an add-on by the company at an additional cost.
The Bluetooth enabled FZS Dark Knight Edition will go on sale from November 1, 2020. Customers looking to book the new motorcycle can visit their nearest authorized dealerships that are available across the country.
The standard model of the FZS Dark Knight Edition was priced at Rs 1,05,200. After the Bluetooth update, the motorcycle is now priced at Rs 1,07,700 — an increase of Rs 2,500 in its pricing. Whether this will be the cost of the add-on charged by the company, remains to be seen.
The ‘Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X' works via a smartphone application that is available for both Android and iOS users. Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X can be enabled in just two simple steps of registration. The application is designed in a way that it enables the rider to connect to the bike by a ‘Single touch' on the mobile.
There are six main features in the Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X Application. From the mobile device, the rider can access features like Answer Back, E-Lock, Locate My Bike and Hazard; among others. However, the turn-by-turn navigation seems to be missed out.
Using ‘Answer Back' feature on the application will engage the bike's blinker and horn beeping at the user. ‘E-Lock' function will help users to lock the bike remotely and prevent theft. ‘Locate my Bike' feature will activate the bike's indicators for 10 seconds continuously. Users can also activate all four indicators by using the ‘Hazard' function when in distress.
Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X also changes entire riding experience and indicates individual Trip details in the application like distance, average speed, brake count and battery voltage using ‘Riding History' function. Also, the ‘Parking Record' function will store the last parked location of the bike and helps navigate the rider from their current location to the bike using GPS.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Motofumi Shitara, Chairman, Yamaha Motor India Group of companies said, "We are committed to enhancing buying experience and personalized customer services (One to one Service) to the two-wheeler customers in India. We want to enhance the ride experience of our customers with connected technologies. The Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X Application is set to be the most practical, convenient and reliable Bluetooth connectivity technology available for FZ customers in India & future we will expand to all the lineup of our two-wheelers. Each of the functionalities is methodically crafted to help the bikers with a seamless experience of convenience & safety."
Thoughts About The Yamaha Bluetooth Technology
The Bluetooth enabled technology has become extremely popular in recent time, due to its convenient features. Yamaha has launched a new technology on its popular FZ range of motorcycles catering to the current market demand. The company has confirmed that other models will also be receiving the features soon.