- 15 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 16 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Hunter Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Happy Birthday Karan Johar: 5 Rare Pictures Shared By The Filmmaker That Are Pure Gold
- News As domestic flight ops resume, States issue SOPs for flyers
- Technology Reliance Jio Discontinues Rs. 98, Rs. 1,299 And Some Add-On Packs
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Lifestyle What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Markets Next Week: Watch For These Factors
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Yamaha launched the all-new Fascino 125 Fi in December last year. The scooter was the brand's first 125cc scooter in the country and carried a starting price of Rs 66,430, ex-showroom. Deliveries for the new Fascino 125 Fi commenced in February 2020. However, Yamaha's website now shows that the scooter is available for Rs 67,230 ex-showroom for the drum brake variant, which is Rs 800 more.
Mechanically, the new Yamaha Fascino 125 Fi is powered by a 125cc 'Blue Core', single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine. The unit produces 8bhp of power and 9.7Nm of peak torque. However, the new scooter is also said to be 16 percent more fuel-efficient than the older models in the portfolio.
The new Fascino 125 comes loaded with a host of features such as new 12-inch alloy wheels, multi-functional key, USB charging, foldable hook, a side-stand cut-off switch, etc. The new scooter also comes standard with CBS and start-stop systems, along with traffic mode, which makes it easy to maneuver through traffic.
Yamaha also updated the chassis and frame on the Fascino, making it lighter than the older model (which are now discontinued). The new Yamaha Fascino 125 weighs just 99kg which is almost 4 kg lighter than the earlier model.
In terms of design, the new Yamaha Fascino retains most of the same design lines and body contours. However, the scooter gets a fair amount of chrome on it to give it that upmarket look. Yamaha also offers the new Fascino 125 with a range of colour options. The Fascino is offered in two variants, with the top-spec being priced slightly higher at Rs 69,930, (ex-showroom (Delhi) and gets the Red and Yellow paint scheme (for the top-end version).
Thoughts On The Yamaha Fascino 125 Fi Price Hike
The scooter is the first 125cc product from the Japanese brand in the Indian market. The new 125cc Fi engine produces more power and gives better fuel efficiency. However, hiking the price by this much will not really bother people much. Also, the scooter will lock horns with the TVS NTorq 125, Suzuki Access 125, Honda Grazia and the Honda Activa 125.