- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 16 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 17 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- Finance Credit Shell Refund For Only Passengers Who Booked Air-Tickets Directly: DGCA
- News Hero of the zero hour: This session of Lok Sabha saw record productivity
- Movies Vikas Gupta Slams Media For Following Deepika Padukone’s Car; Says ‘It Seems You’ll Are High’
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 7: Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals: Predicted XI, Head to head record, India timing, live streamin
- Technology LG Wing Teardown Video Reveals Key Details: Best Dual Screen Phone?
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Piaggio has announced the launch date for the Vespa Racing Sixties scooter in the Indian market. The new limited-edition Vespa Racing Sixties scooter is said to be launched via an online event on the 1st September 2020.
The Vespa Racing Sixties will be a limited production model based on the brand's SXL 150 scooter. The Racing Sixties scooter was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, alongside the brand's other standard BS6-iteration offerings. The limited-edition model was supposed to enter the Indian market much earlier, however, the coronavirus pandemic delayed its initial launch plans.
The limited-edition Vespa Racing Sixties scooter incorporates a special livery with a white paint scheme with red racing stripes. These stripes run across the entire length of the scooter, right from the front fender, apron and rear body panels. To add to this, the scooter also comes with gold-coloured alloy wheels, adding to the special paint scheme/livery of the scooter.
Apart from the special paint scheme, we expect the Vespa Racing Sixties to remain mechanically identical to the standard SXL 150 scooter. The Racing Sixties scooter will be powered by the same 150cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine producing 10.3bhp at 7600rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 5500rpm.
The limited-edition scooter will also carry forward the same 11-inch wheels at the front with a 200mm disc brake while the rear has 10-inch wheels and 140mm drum brakes. Braking is further supported by a single-channel ABS system as standard.
The scooter will also continue to carry forward all the features from the standard SXL150. This includes LED headlamps with LED DRLs, wind deflector at the front, a USB charger in the under-seat storage and a semi-digital instrument cluster. The Vespa Racing Sixties will also feature black leather seat upholstery with contrast white stitching.
Thoughts On The Vespa Racing Sixties Limited-Edition Scooter Launch In India
The Vespa Racing Sixties will be a limited-production run scooter from the brand in the Indian market. Vespa will be hoping that the limited-edition status, along with the special paint scheme with the racing stripes will attract more customers.
The Vespa Racing Sixties scooter, however, will be offered at a steep price, considering the standard SXL 150 itself has a price tag of Rs 1.25 lakh, ex-showroom.