- 10 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 11 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 14 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Vespa Elegante BS6 125 and the 149 models have been revealed ahead of its India launch. The Vespa 125 and the 149 Elegante models are the top-of-the-line variants in the 125cc and the 149cc categories, respectively.
The new BS6 compliant Vespa Elegante 149 will replace the older BS4 Elegante 150 scooter in the brand's line-up. The Vespa Elegante 149 is powered by a 149cc single-cylinder engine producing maximum power of 10.3bhp at 7,600rpm and a peak torque of 10.6Nm at 5,500rpm.
In comparison, the BS4 engine produced 10bhp and 10.9Nm of torque. Also, the peak power output on the BS6 model is produced higher in the rev range as compared to the BS4 model. The new 149cc engine also features fuel-injection with (VSTM) Variable Spark Timing Management and three catalytic converters. This ensures optimal performance with reduced emissions.
The 125cc powering the Vespa Elegant 125 has not undergone any changes in its displacement, and has been carried forward to achieve BS6 compliance. The fuel-injected single-cylinder engine now produces a maximum power of 9.7bhp at 7,500rpm and a peak torque of 9.6Nm at 5,500rpm. In comparison, the BS4 engine produced 9.5bhp and 9.9Nm of torque.
Apart from the updated engine, the Vespa Elegante variants continue to borrow its design, features and other mechanicals from the BS4 models. The retro-looking scooter features split-seats finished in leather upholstery, a digital instrument cluster, LED headlamps, a curved visor, and there is an abundance use of chrome across the scooter as well.
The Vespa 125 and the 149 scooters feature the same suspension setup. This includes a single side-arm setup at the front and a dual hydraulic shock absorber at the rear. Braking on the scooter variants is done via a 200mm ventilated disc brake at the front and a 140mm drum brake at the rear.
The Elegante 125 features a combined braking system, while the Elegante 149 is offered with a single-channel ABS. The Elegante variants are offered with four colour options: Beige Unico, Azzure Provenza, White, and Glossy Grey.
The Italian manufacturer has recently launched its BS6 Vespa range of scooters. Although the BS6 Vespa Elegante 125 & 149 models are listed on the company's website, the prices were not revealed at the time of launch.
The company has reduced the displacement of its 150cc BS4 engine by 1cc in its BS6 format as it will attract a relatively lower insurance rate than the those with a displacement of 150cc or above. Piaggio will be able to offer the 149cc scooters at a relatively affordable price tag — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Vespa Elegante BS6 125 & 149 Models Revealed Ahead Of India Launch
The Vespa Elegante 125 and 149 variants are among the premium scooters in the 125cc and 150cc segment in India. Both scooters offer premium looks & features, and stand apart from its rivals in the segment. The Elegante 149 is expected to become cheaper than its BS4 counterpart once launched in India.