- 16 min ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Sports Espargaro to replace Alex Marquez at Honda, Crutchlow out
- Movies Akshara Gowda Repents Doing Thuppakki, Says Any Girl Would Regret That Role!
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- News Fine enhanced to Rs 500 for not wearing mask in Ahmedabad
- Lifestyle Seasoned Actress Kelly Preston Had The Most Beautiful Collection Of Dresses, Here’s Proof
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Uttarakhand Cabinet has approved motorcycle taxi services across the state, The Cabinet also directed the Transport Department to frame guidelines for the two-wheeler taxi services. The Government of Uttarakhand says that this initiative will directly and indirectly offer job opportunities to over 20,000 people under the CM Swarozgar Yojana.
Mr Madan Kaushik, the Urban Development Minister, and the State Government's Spokesperson said, "Mussoorie, Nainital, Rishikesh, Bageshwar and Tehri see tourists rush each season, and the movement of four-wheelers congest the hill towns."
"This project will help reduce traffic issues, and at the same time provide job opportunities for youths. We will have both the facilities. If a person wants to hire a two-wheeler, he will be provided one and the tourist will also have the facility to hire a rider," the Minister added.
The Uttarakhand Cabinet also announced an increase in the public bus fare for in-city routes. The Cabinet has doubled bus fares citing social distancing norms that resulted in operations at half capacity, resulting in financial losses. Fares for air conditioned buses and private buses have also been raised. The Cabinet however, says that the increase in fares will hold good only until social distancing norms are in effect.
A motorcycle taxi, or a bike taxi, or a cart taxi, is a common form of public transport across many countries, and are a common sight at Goa, in India. The riders are called pilots, and the lone passenger is allowed to carry only a backpack for luggage.
Countries like Brazil, Cambodia, Indonesia, Mexico, Nigeria, Vietnam, and Thailand have millions of motorcycle taxis across the country. While most countries have laws that accommodate motorcycle taxis, it is usually an unregulated form of business.
Thoughts About The Uttarakhand Cabinet Approving Motorcycle Taxis In The State
This is progressive. Most people will want to travel alone and motorcycle taxis are a fantastic solution during these challenging times. Add to that there will be a reduction in traffic on the roads.
However, we're unsure that the increase in fares for public bus services has increased. Everyone knows that none of the state owned buses run at capacity. They're always 'over-capacity', which means they've made that much more money over at least the last decade.