- 42 min ago Tata Gravitas India Launch Delayed To Early-2021: Here Are All The Details
- 1 hr ago Toyota Camry Hybrid Facelift Unveiled Globally: Expected India Launch Next Year
- 2 hrs ago New Norton V4 RR Superbike Unveil Scheduled For Year-End: First Model Under New TVS Ownership
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 Digital Instrument Cluster Display Revealed: Spy Pics & Other Details
- News No team from Centre yet in Maharashtra to assess flood losses: Ajit Pawar
- Movies Varun Dhawan Reveals He Was Not The First Choice For Scam 1992; Praises Pratik Gandhi
- Sports ISL 2020-21: ATK Mohun Bagan's Inman wants to defeat his former coach Fowler 'at any cost'
- Technology Three More Oppo Smartphones Witness Permanent Price Cut In India
- Lifestyle Gold Awards 2020: Hina Khan Looks Red Carpet-Ready In Her Black And White Gown; Guess The Price!
- Finance Mirae Asset Banking and Financial Services Fund Opens Today
- Education SSB ASI Admit Card 2020 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
The Uttarakhand Cabinet has approved motorcycle taxi services across the state, The Cabinet also directed the Transport Department to frame guidelines for the two-wheeler taxi services. The Government of Uttarakhand says that this initiative will directly and indirectly offer job opportunities to over 20,000 people under the CM Swarozgar Yojana.
Mr Madan Kaushik, the Urban Development Minister, and the State Government's Spokesperson said, "Mussoorie, Nainital, Rishikesh, Bageshwar and Tehri see tourists rush each season, and the movement of four-wheelers congest the hill towns."
"This project will help reduce traffic issues, and at the same time provide job opportunities for youths. We will have both the facilities. If a person wants to hire a two-wheeler, he will be provided one and the tourist will also have the facility to hire a rider," the Minister added.
The Uttarakhand Cabinet also announced an increase in the public bus fare for in-city routes. The Cabinet has doubled bus fares citing social distancing norms that resulted in operations at half capacity, resulting in financial losses. Fares for air conditioned buses and private buses have also been raised. The Cabinet however, says that the increase in fares will hold good only until social distancing norms are in effect.
A motorcycle taxi, or a bike taxi, or a cart taxi, is a common form of public transport across many countries, and are a common sight at Goa, in India. The riders are called pilots, and the lone passenger is allowed to carry only a backpack for luggage.
Countries like Brazil, Cambodia, Indonesia, Mexico, Nigeria, Vietnam, and Thailand have millions of motorcycle taxis across the country. While most countries have laws that accommodate motorcycle taxis, it is usually an unregulated form of business.
Thoughts About The Uttarakhand Cabinet Approving Motorcycle Taxis In The State
This is progressive. Most people will want to travel alone and motorcycle taxis are a fantastic solution during these challenging times. Add to that there will be a reduction in traffic on the roads.
However, we're unsure that the increase in fares for public bus services has increased. Everyone knows that none of the state owned buses run at capacity. They're always 'over-capacity', which means they've made that much more money over at least the last decade.