- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 18 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 20 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- News Mike Pence heading back to Indiana hometown after Biden inaugural
- Finance SBI, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank In RBI's Too Big To Fail Lenders List Of 2020
- Movies Master Day 7 Box Office Collection: Thalapathy Vijay Starrer Continues Its Reign
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021 Offers On Best Laptops And Desktops
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
The Indian two-wheeler segment has managed to register over 16 lakh units of sales in the month of November 2020. The segment has managed to register a yearly growth of 13.4 per cent compared to its sales in November 2019.
Hero MotoCorp continues to dominate the two-wheeler segment, registering the highest sales. The world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer recorded 5.76 lakh units of sales in the previous month; a growth of 13.8 per cent from 5.06 lakh units in November 2019. This also helped Hero MotoCorp increase its market share to 35.99% in India; a very marginal hike of 0.13 per cent.
Second on the list is Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI), which registered a 105 per cent increase in sales last month. The company registered 4.12 lakh units of sales in the previous month, which is an increase from 3.72 lakh units it registered in November 2019. However, even with the increase in sales, market share of the brand dropped from 26.46% to 25.78% last month.
TVS Motor Company came in third after registering a massive sales improvement from 1.91 lakh units in November 2019 to 2.42 lakh units last month. This is an improvement of 29.6 per cent in its yearly comparison. The sales growth also helped TVS improve its market share in India by 1.93%, from 13.55% to 15.48%.
Bajaj Auto came in fourth with a little over 1.88 lakh units of sales in November 2020. This is an improvement from its sales in November 2019 when it registered 1.76 lakh units; a 6.7 per cent increase in sales. Market share, however, reduced by 0.74% and now stands at 11.70%.
The top-five is completed by Royal Enfield with 59,084 units of sales in the previous month. This is still a marginal increase of 1.4 per cent compared to its yearly sales which stood at 58,292 units. Market share of the Chennai-based company, however, fell from 4.13% to 3.69% in its yearly comparison for the month of November.
Suzuki and Yamaha take the sixth and seventh position on the list with 57,429 units and 53,208 units of sales in November 2020, respectively. While sales of Suzuki registered a 5.6 per cent decline, Yamaha witnessed a 35% growth during the previous month. Market share of both brands are also similar at 3.52% for Suzuki and 3.32% for Yamaha.
Piaggio, Kawasaki and Triumph occupy the eighth, ninth and tenth positions, respectively. Piaggio which sells both Vespa and Aprilia scooters in India registered 5,798 units of sales, while Kawasaki and Triumph Motorcycles registered just 145 and 92 units, respectively.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling Two-Wheeler Brands In India For November 2020
HeroMotoCorp and Honda continue to dominate the two-wheeler segment in India for yet another month. The festive period has further boosted sales of two-wheelers in the Indian market, after a rough start to the year.