- 8 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 13 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Sports Tokyo 2020: After Rio debacle, Mirabai Chanu redeems herself at Tokyo
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
- Lifestyle Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
The Indian two-wheeler segment has managed to register over 16 lakh units of sales in the month of November 2020. The segment has managed to register a yearly growth of 13.4 per cent compared to its sales in November 2019.
Hero MotoCorp continues to dominate the two-wheeler segment, registering the highest sales. The world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer recorded 5.76 lakh units of sales in the previous month; a growth of 13.8 per cent from 5.06 lakh units in November 2019. This also helped Hero MotoCorp increase its market share to 35.99% in India; a very marginal hike of 0.13 per cent.
Second on the list is Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI), which registered a 105 per cent increase in sales last month. The company registered 4.12 lakh units of sales in the previous month, which is an increase from 3.72 lakh units it registered in November 2019. However, even with the increase in sales, market share of the brand dropped from 26.46% to 25.78% last month.
TVS Motor Company came in third after registering a massive sales improvement from 1.91 lakh units in November 2019 to 2.42 lakh units last month. This is an improvement of 29.6 per cent in its yearly comparison. The sales growth also helped TVS improve its market share in India by 1.93%, from 13.55% to 15.48%.
Bajaj Auto came in fourth with a little over 1.88 lakh units of sales in November 2020. This is an improvement from its sales in November 2019 when it registered 1.76 lakh units; a 6.7 per cent increase in sales. Market share, however, reduced by 0.74% and now stands at 11.70%.
The top-five is completed by Royal Enfield with 59,084 units of sales in the previous month. This is still a marginal increase of 1.4 per cent compared to its yearly sales which stood at 58,292 units. Market share of the Chennai-based company, however, fell from 4.13% to 3.69% in its yearly comparison for the month of November.
Suzuki and Yamaha take the sixth and seventh position on the list with 57,429 units and 53,208 units of sales in November 2020, respectively. While sales of Suzuki registered a 5.6 per cent decline, Yamaha witnessed a 35% growth during the previous month. Market share of both brands are also similar at 3.52% for Suzuki and 3.32% for Yamaha.
Piaggio, Kawasaki and Triumph occupy the eighth, ninth and tenth positions, respectively. Piaggio which sells both Vespa and Aprilia scooters in India registered 5,798 units of sales, while Kawasaki and Triumph Motorcycles registered just 145 and 92 units, respectively.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling Two-Wheeler Brands In India For November 2020
HeroMotoCorp and Honda continue to dominate the two-wheeler segment in India for yet another month. The festive period has further boosted sales of two-wheelers in the Indian market, after a rough start to the year.