- 15 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
The Indian two-wheeler segment has managed to register over 16 lakh units of sales in the month of November 2020. The segment has managed to register a yearly growth of 13.4 per cent compared to its sales in November 2019.
Hero MotoCorp continues to dominate the two-wheeler segment, registering the highest sales. The world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer recorded 5.76 lakh units of sales in the previous month; a growth of 13.8 per cent from 5.06 lakh units in November 2019. This also helped Hero MotoCorp increase its market share to 35.99% in India; a very marginal hike of 0.13 per cent.
Second on the list is Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI), which registered a 105 per cent increase in sales last month. The company registered 4.12 lakh units of sales in the previous month, which is an increase from 3.72 lakh units it registered in November 2019. However, even with the increase in sales, market share of the brand dropped from 26.46% to 25.78% last month.
TVS Motor Company came in third after registering a massive sales improvement from 1.91 lakh units in November 2019 to 2.42 lakh units last month. This is an improvement of 29.6 per cent in its yearly comparison. The sales growth also helped TVS improve its market share in India by 1.93%, from 13.55% to 15.48%.
Bajaj Auto came in fourth with a little over 1.88 lakh units of sales in November 2020. This is an improvement from its sales in November 2019 when it registered 1.76 lakh units; a 6.7 per cent increase in sales. Market share, however, reduced by 0.74% and now stands at 11.70%.
The top-five is completed by Royal Enfield with 59,084 units of sales in the previous month. This is still a marginal increase of 1.4 per cent compared to its yearly sales which stood at 58,292 units. Market share of the Chennai-based company, however, fell from 4.13% to 3.69% in its yearly comparison for the month of November.
Suzuki and Yamaha take the sixth and seventh position on the list with 57,429 units and 53,208 units of sales in November 2020, respectively. While sales of Suzuki registered a 5.6 per cent decline, Yamaha witnessed a 35% growth during the previous month. Market share of both brands are also similar at 3.52% for Suzuki and 3.32% for Yamaha.
Piaggio, Kawasaki and Triumph occupy the eighth, ninth and tenth positions, respectively. Piaggio which sells both Vespa and Aprilia scooters in India registered 5,798 units of sales, while Kawasaki and Triumph Motorcycles registered just 145 and 92 units, respectively.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling Two-Wheeler Brands In India For November 2020
HeroMotoCorp and Honda continue to dominate the two-wheeler segment in India for yet another month. The festive period has further boosted sales of two-wheelers in the Indian market, after a rough start to the year.