- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- News Woman constable transferred hours after arresting son of Gujarat minister
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
TVS Motor Company has officially discontinued the Wego scooter from its Indian product portfolio. The TVS Wego will no longer be part of the brand's lineup in India. It will also not receive any BS6 update in the future as well.
TVS has been slowly updating its product lineup in India over the past few months. Most of the models in the lineup have already been updated to comply with the latest emission norms, which were implemented from the 1st of April 2020.
However, there are still a few more products which are yet to receive the BS6 update. This delay has been caused mainly due to the current COVID-19 situation, which has shutdown all operations and businesses in India.
The TVS Wego was a popular model in the brand's lineup. The scooter has been on sale for close to 10 years in the Indian market. The 110cc scooter was a premium offering during the first-half of its life-cycle. However, over the years, TVS has introduced products such as the Jupiter and the Ntorq which have overshadowed the Wego.
The TVS Wego was powered by a 110cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produced 8bhp and 8Nm of peak torque and was mated to a V-Matic transmission. The scooter also came with large 12-inch wheels at the front and rear. The suspension was through telescopic forks at the front and a spring loaded hydraulic dampers at the rear. Braking was handled by 130mm drum brakes at either end.
Having said this, TVS Motors however, will continue to produce the Wego at its plant in Hosur. Although the scooter has been discontinued in the Indian market, it will continue to be exported. The TVS Wego will continue to remain available in select international markets, hence production of the scooter will continue.
Thoughts About The TVS Wego Scooter Being Discontinued
The TVS Wego scooter was among the most popular models from the brand in the Indian market at the time of its launch. The Wego offered a number of premium features and equipment at that time and rivalled even the best-selling scooters of the time. However, over the years, TVS hasn't updated the model, which resulted in a drop of sales during the second half of its life span.