- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
TVS Motor Company has launched the BS6-compliant version of its Star City+ commuter motorcycle in the Indian market. The new TVS Star City+ BS6 model is offered with a starting price of Rs 62,034, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The commuter-level motorcycle is offered in two variants, based on their paint scheme: monotone and dual-tone. The higher-spec dual-tone variant is priced at a slight premium of Rs 62,534, compared to the monotone base variant. The updated BS6 motorcycles are around Rs 7,600 costlier than their BS4 versions. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Talking about the changes made to the motorcycle, the new TVS Star City+ BS6 model now comes with new LED headlamps, updated design for the rearview mirror housing and a slightly updated fairing as well.
The new BS6-compliant TVS Star City+ now also features a semi-digital instrument cluster, along with a USB mobile charger, 5-way adjustable rear suspension setup and a dual-tone seat as well.
In terms of mechanicals, the new TVS Star City+ BS6 carries forward an updated BS6-compliant version of the same 109cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. The updated unit now produces 8bhp and 8.7Nm of peak torque, paired with a four-speed gearbox.
Braking on the new TVS Star City+ BS6 model continues to be through drum brakes at either end. This includes a 130mm and 110mm drums at the front and rear, respectively. The brakes are further supported by the brand's Combi-Braking technology as standard.
TVS has also introduced the BS6 Star City+ with an Eco-Thrust Fuel-Injection (ETFi) technology as well. This helps improve the fuel-efficiency figure on the Star City+ by approximately 15%, while also having improved the overall refinement as well. Fuel tank capacity on the commuter motorcycle remains unchanged at 10-litres.
Thoughts On The TVS Star City+ BS6 Motorcycle
The TVS Star City+ is a commuter-level motorcycle offering from the brand in the Indian market. The Star City+ is the latest bike from the brand to undergo the BS6 update. The new TVS Star City+ BS6 continues to rival the likes of the Bajaj Platina 110 and the Hero HF Deluxe in the Indian market.