- 37 min ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- News Ahmedabad, Surat Metro projects: PM to perform ground breaking ceremony
- Technology Here's How To Hide Chat On Signal App
- Sports Harden revels in historic debut as Nets coach Nash hails 'incredible' star
- Finance Real Estate Pins Hope On Budget 2021
- Movies Krack Day 7 Box Office Collection: Ravi Teja Starrer Continues To Storm The Box Office
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
TVS Motor Company has announced that their 110cc commuter motorcycle, the 'Sport' has created a new record for the 'Highest on-road fuel-efficiency achieved by a Motorcycle'.
The TVS Sport commuter motorcycle achieved a mileage figure of 110.12kmpl to enter the India Book of Records and the Asia Book of Records as well. The 110cc BS6-compliant motorcycle beat its own previous record of 2019 when it achieved 76.40kmpl from its BS4 model.
The record feat was achieved by Mr Pavitra Patro, who rode the motorcycle between the 8th and 13th of August 2020, as part of the United India Ride Series. Patro rode the TVS Sport a total distance of 1021.90km in 54 laps, consuming 9.28-litres of fuel in the process.
As mentioned earlier, the TVS Sport beat its own record of 2019. The older BS4 100cc version of the TVS Sport had entered the India and Asia book of Records last year for ‘Highest fuel-efficiency delivered by a motorcycle on the Golden Quadrilateral', after registering an on-road mileage figure of 76.40kmpl.
Aniruddha Haldar, Vice President (Marketing) - Commuter Motorcycles, Scooters & Corporate Brand, said,
"We are delighted that TVS Sport stood true to its promise of being the Bharat ka Mileage Champion with a record-breaking feat again. TVS Sport bettered its record with significant improvement in fuel efficiency, garnering the astounding figure of 110.12kmpl owing to the BS-VI ET-Fi technology."
"Only last year, TVS Sport BS-IV created the maiden record with 76.4kmpl delivery. TVS Sport's unparalleled feat of achieving two consecutive records is a revalidation of the faith placed in it by over 2.5 million customers."
He further added, "We congratulate Mr Pavitra Patro for his persistence in achieving the highest on-road fuel efficiency recorded by a motorcycle. Asia Book of Records and India Books of Records both have acknowledged this achievement, and it is a matter of pride and joy for us, and every one of the 2.5 Million TVS Sport customers."
The TVS Sport BS6 motorcycle comes powered by a 110cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 8.2bhp at 7350rpm and 8.7Nm of torque at 4500rpm, paired with a four-speed gearbox.
Thoughts On The TVS Sport Record Mileage Figures
The TVS Sport has for the second time become a record-holder offering the highest fuel-efficiency figures for a motorcycle in the Indian market. The commuter motorcycle rivals the likes of the Hero Splendor Honda CD 110 Dream and a few other commuter offerings.