- 8 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
TVS Motor Company launched the TVS Scooty Pep Plus BS6 models starting at Rs 51,754, ex-showroom Delhi, earlier this year. The scooter will continue to be available in the Scooty Pep Plus Series, the Babelicious Series, and the Matte Edition Series, just as before.
However, TVS has revised the prices of the Scooty Pep Plus BS6 in India and now the scooter carries a starting price of Rs 52,554. The company has hiked the prices of all the three variants by Rs 800 and there have been no changes done to the specifications and features of the scooter.
The Scooty Pep Plus has several convenient features such as a mobile charger, a side stand alarm, under-seat storage, etc. The BS6 models also get features like LED DRLs, telescopic forks at the front, and a mono-shock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by 110 mm drum brakes at both ends.
The Scooty Pep Plus BS6 weighs just 93 kgs and has a low seat height of 768 mm that makes it easily approachable for even shorter riders. The ground clearance is 135 mm and the fuel tank capacity is 4.2 litres.
Mechanically the scooter is powered by an 87.8cc single-cylinder BS6-compliant fuel-injected engine for better performance and fuel economy. The engine produces 5bhp of power at 6,500 rpm and 5.8 Nm of peak torque at 4,000 rpm. The transmission here is a CVT unit with torque sensor.
In other related TVS news, the company increased the price of Jupiter BS6 scooter. The prices have been increased by around Rs 651 across all variants of the scooter. The Jupiter now retails at a starting price of Rs 62,062. The TVS Jupiter BS6 is sold in three variants: ‘Standard', ‘ZX' and ‘Classic'.
Powering the TVS Jupiter BS6 model is a 110 cc single-cylinder engine that now features fuel-injection technology for better refinement, increased fuel-efficiency and enhanced performance. It produces 7.4bhp of power at 7000rpm and a peak torque of 8.4Nm at 5500rpm.
Thoughts About The TVS Scooty Pep Plus Price Hike
The increase in the price of the Scooty Pep Plus is significant, considering the upgrades done to the BS6 models. Besides, the Scooty models have done well for the company in the past, and we expect the BS6 compliant models will continue to do the same.