- 5 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 23 Highlights: Captain Kavita Saves Eijaz And Nominates Aly For Eviction
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
TVS Motor Company launched the TVS Scooty Pep Plus BS6 models starting at Rs 51,754, ex-showroom Delhi, earlier this year. The scooter will continue to be available in the Scooty Pep Plus Series, the Babelicious Series, and the Matte Edition Series, just as before.
However, TVS has revised the prices of the Scooty Pep Plus BS6 in India and now the scooter carries a starting price of Rs 52,554. The company has hiked the prices of all the three variants by Rs 800 and there have been no changes done to the specifications and features of the scooter.
The Scooty Pep Plus has several convenient features such as a mobile charger, a side stand alarm, under-seat storage, etc. The BS6 models also get features like LED DRLs, telescopic forks at the front, and a mono-shock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by 110 mm drum brakes at both ends.
The Scooty Pep Plus BS6 weighs just 93 kgs and has a low seat height of 768 mm that makes it easily approachable for even shorter riders. The ground clearance is 135 mm and the fuel tank capacity is 4.2 litres.
Mechanically the scooter is powered by an 87.8cc single-cylinder BS6-compliant fuel-injected engine for better performance and fuel economy. The engine produces 5bhp of power at 6,500 rpm and 5.8 Nm of peak torque at 4,000 rpm. The transmission here is a CVT unit with torque sensor.
In other related TVS news, the company increased the price of Jupiter BS6 scooter. The prices have been increased by around Rs 651 across all variants of the scooter. The Jupiter now retails at a starting price of Rs 62,062. The TVS Jupiter BS6 is sold in three variants: ‘Standard', ‘ZX' and ‘Classic'.
Powering the TVS Jupiter BS6 model is a 110 cc single-cylinder engine that now features fuel-injection technology for better refinement, increased fuel-efficiency and enhanced performance. It produces 7.4bhp of power at 7000rpm and a peak torque of 8.4Nm at 5500rpm.
Thoughts About The TVS Scooty Pep Plus Price Hike
The increase in the price of the Scooty Pep Plus is significant, considering the upgrades done to the BS6 models. Besides, the Scooty models have done well for the company in the past, and we expect the BS6 compliant models will continue to do the same.