- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Chennai based TVS Motor Company has launched the BS6 compliant TVS Radeon motorcycle in India starting at Rs 58,992. The new BS6 models carry a premium of Rs 8,600 over the BS4 compliant ones.
The motorcycle now features an upgraded 109.7cc engine that produces 8.0 brake horsepower and 8.7Nm of torque. While torque figures that remain unchanged, the BS6 compliant models see a marginal drop in power by 0.22bhp. The engine comes mated to a four-speed gearbox.
While TVS hasn't made any other changes to the Radeon BS6 models, the engine upgrade has added an additional four kilograms to the weight of the motorcycle. Drum and disc brake variants weigh in at 116kgs and 118kgs, respectively.
The company says that the upgrades have made the motorcycle 15 percent more fuel efficient as compared to the outgoing models, and offer 69.3 kilometers to a litre of petrol.
Key features of the TVS Radeon BS6 models include Synchronized Braking Technology, USB charging, a push button start, a side stand indicator, and LED DRLs - making the motorcycle a value for money offering.
The Radeon BS6 models are available in two variants - Standard, and Commuter Motorcycle of the Year Edition. The Standard models are available in six different colours, while the CMOTY Edition is available in an exclusive black and brown paint scheme.
The Standard variant that features a drum brake set up is priced at Rs 58,992. The Commuter Motorcycle of the Year Edition that features a drum brake is priced at Rs 61,992, while the disc brake models are priced at 64,992. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, Delhi.
In TVS related news, the company has been extending support to the front-line professional fighting the Covid-19 pandemic. Support has been extended via the company's Srinivasan Services Trust, and its Corporate Social Responsibility wing from the TVS Group.
The Trust is using its factory kitchens at TVS' manufacturing facilities at Hosur and Padi to ready food packets that are being distributed to healthcare and other professionals including police personnel and municipal employees. The Trust has distributed over 1.2 lakh food packets as of now.
The CSR wing of the TVS Group has distributed over 6.5 lakh masks to healthcare professionals and is in the process of manufacturing one million face masks for medical consumption, and has supplying them across villages in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
Thoughts About The TVS Radeon BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 58,992
It is inspiring to see manufacturers launching new products during the current pandemic that has unsettled the world. The TVS Radeon is a fantastic commuter motorcycle and has done well for the company. We expect the BS6 models to do just as well as the outgoing models.