- 10 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 11 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 14 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Hosur-based two-wheeler manufacturer, TVS Motor Company has announced that they recently supplied face masks and PPEs to the Karnataka state government. The supply of PPEs and masks is part of the company's proactive measures to support the government against the spread of COVID-19 in the state.
The company stated that they have handed over 3,000 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and 10,000 N95 masks to Shri. B.S. Yediyurappa, Chief Minister of Karnataka. The supply of PPEs and N95 masks by the two-wheeler manufacturer is just one of the many initiatives taken by them to support the government.
The company has also been consistently distributing face masks and disposable hand gloves to essential workers, police personnel and healthcare workers. The company has also been providing packed meals to them, as well as other migrant workers in Bangalore.
The company has also deployed a number of vehicles on the outskirts of Bangalore with disinfectants as well. The disinfected sprayers-equipped vehicles have covered close to 4000 villages, in a bid to contain the spread of COVID-19.
They have also taken a number of steps to ensure the safety of their employees as well. This includes having set up an exclusive helpline number as well, which will address queries of its employees. There is also an app which has been set up, called TVS-ICE (In Case of Emergency), allowing the company to fulfill any and all requirements of its employees, during this tough period.
TVS Motors was also in news recently after it announced its acquisition of Norton Motorcycles. The Hosur-based manufacturer acquired the iconic British brand for Rs 153 crore. The acquisition opens up a lot of opportunities for both brands in the future.
Currently, the company has been busy updating its product lineup in the Indian market. TVS recently confirmed the discontinuation of the Wego scooter from the brand's India lineup. However, there are a number of new products slated to launch in India, post the lockdown as well.
Thoughts On TVS Motor Company Supplying Masks & PPEs To Karnataka CM
With the country under extended lockdown, all operations have been shut down entirely. TVS Motors, among many other vehicle manufacturers are doing their part in supporting the governments of both central and state, as well as healthcare officials, doctors and other essential service providers, get through this tough period.