- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 40,000 Units Mark: Production Increased To Meet The Demand
- Sports ISL 2020-21: NorthEast United vs Kerala Blasters: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Lifestyle Your Thursday Fashion Roundup Ft. Alia Bhatt, Janhvi Kapoor, And Kiara Advani
- News PNB-Nirav Modi case: Chronology of events
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In March 2021
TVS Motor Company appoints former Vice-President and Managing Director for Harley-Davidson Europe as its interim CEO at Norton motorcycles. The once-flourishing UK Motorcycle company went downhill earlier this year after facing an economic disaster. TVS plans to revive the iconic brand and restore its former glory after the British motorcycle brand went through a rough patch. Norton's current motorcycle portfolio includes the Commando, Dominator, and the V4 RR.
Via the acquisition, TVS seeks to retain the legacy of the English brand which will benefit the company, and on the other hand Norton will also benefit financially. In a previous statement, the Joint Managing Director of TVS Motor Company, Sudarshan Venu stated, "Norton will continue to retain its distinctive identity with dedicated and specific business plans. TVS Motor will work closely with customers and employees in building the success and pre-eminence of the Norton Motorcycles brand and we look forward to growing together globally in the years to come."
One of the plans to revamp the British two-wheeler company includes having John Russell on board as their interim CEO. John Russell has formerly served as the Vice-President and Managing Director for Harley-Davidson Europe between 1998 and 2007. Also, he was the Managing Director of Land Rover's Commercial Division.
However, even after the acquisition TVS does not intend relocating Notorn's production facilities. TVS has announced that they will retain the same design and assembly team. Mr. Venu also said, "In Europe, the location is in Derby, in Donington Hall. We will move to another new location very soon, in the same region. The idea is to continue with this very talented team to get the brand back to its original glory, and take it into the future."
The Hosur based company has confirmed that through the acquisition, new products from Norton's lineup could be available for sale in the Indian market soon.
Thoughts About TVS Motors Acquiring Norton Motorcycles
TVS Motors is already in an agreement with BMW in India and now after the successful acquisition of the iconic British motorcycle brand, Norton, TVS Motors will be looking forward to capturing multiple segments of the two-wheeler market in India.