- 9 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 14 hrs ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- 17 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 1 day ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- Movies Will Keep Sushant Singh Rajput Death Issue Alive, Says His Friend Aneesha Madhok Exclusive
- Technology Flipkart And Amazon OnePlus Community Sale 2021: Discounts On Oneplus Smartphones, Accessories, And More
- News Bihar STET candidate’s admit card with Malayalam actress photograph goes viral
- Sports Ishant Sharma gets stitches on his right hand
- Education IIT Delhi Introduces New Postgraduate Programme ‘Master of Public Policy’
- Lifestyle 6 Reasons Why Cheating On Your Partner Is A Big NO!
- Finance Bank of England Keeps UK Interest Rates At Record Low Of 0.1 Percent
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
The TVS Jupiter Grande has been temporarily discontinued in the Indian market. The premium variant of the Jupiter series has been removed from the company's official website.
The TVS Jupiter Grande has not been updated to meet BS6 emission standards by the company. The last upgrade that the Grande received was in September last year, and it featured a segment-first Bluetooth-enabled instrument cluster.
Considering that the Jupiter Grande is still a new product, and the scooter is likely to be discontinued for a temporary period until a BS6 upgrade is ready. TVS has already launched the BS6 versions of the other Jupiter models.
The company started with the Jupiter BS6 upgrade when they launched the Classic in November 2019. It was then followed by the launch of TVS Jupiter BS6 standard and ZX models in January this year. So, It's only a matter of time when the TVS Jupiter Grande BS6 will be launched, in the country. We expect it to be soon after the COVID-19 lockdown is lifted in India.
The TVS Jupiter featured a Bluetooth-enabled instrument console with the company's SmartXConnect technology. The users can pair their smartphones via an application, that offers features like call and text notifications, over speeding alert, helmet reminder, and host of other information.
The Jupiter Grande featured chrome highlights on the front fender and rearview mirror housing. It also comes with a full-LED headlight and diamond-cut alloy wheels, giving the scooter a premium look.
The Jupiter Grande BS4 was powered by a 109.7cc air-cooled engine producing maximum power of 7.8bhp at 7,500rpm, and a peak torque of 8.4Nm at 5,500rpm. The braking duties were handled by an optional disc brake at the front, and drum brake setup at the rear supported by with TVS' Sync Brake System. The suspension set up includes telescopic forks at the front and adjustable shocks at the rear.
Once launched, the TVS Jupiter Grande will primarily rival the upcoming new Honda premium scooter among others in the Indian market. We expect the prices to slightly increase with the new Jupiter Grade scooter as a result of achieving BS6 compliance.
Thoughts About The TVS Jupiter Grande Temporarily Discontinued In India
The TVS Jupiter Grande is premium scooter offering with many best-in-class features. The scooter is likely to be relaunched with a BS6 engine, which the company would have done much earlier if not for the current COVID-19 pandemic. The on-going lockdown due to the deadly virus has delayed most product launches in the country, however, everything should be back to normal once the lockdown is lifted.