- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
TVS Motor Company has launched its first all-electric iQube scooter in the Indian market. The new TVS iQube electric scooter is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.15 lakh, on-road (Bangalore).
The new electric scooter from the Hosur-based brand will be offered initially in Bangalore alone. Deliveries is said to begin from the 27th of January 2020, while bookings for the electric scooter has now begun for an amount of Rs 5000. Bookings for the TVS iQube electric scooter can be done either online or through select dealerships in the city of Bangalore.
The TVS iQube electric scooter will come with a host of features and equipment. The electric scooter also features connected technology as well. The iQube is aimed towards the young, tech-savvy and environment-concerned customers.
Some of the features on the TVS iQube include LED headlamps, fully-digital instrument cluster, LED taillights and an illuminated logo as well. In terms of design, the TVS iQube electric scooter features a clean and simple design and will be available in a single white paint scheme.
Connected technology on the new TVS iQube electric scooter include Remote charging status, geo-fencing, last park location, navigation assist, incoming call/message alerts and a host of others as well.
Venu Srinivasan, Chairman, TVS Motor Company, said,
"TVS Motor is driven by Customer-Centric Innovation. As India moves ahead, its mobility solutions would increasingly be total experience-led, nowhere is this felt sharper than among the youth of India. Our focus on the ‘Green & Connected' youth of India, is embodied, in the first of the TVS Electric portfolio. TVS iQube Electric is a blend of an advanced electric drivetrain and the next-gen TVS SmartXonnect platform."
Coming to the most important aspect of the iQube electric scooter, its powertrain. The new TVS iQube electric scooter will be powered by a 4.4kW electric motor which offers a top speed of 78km/h. TVS also claims that the electric scooter is capable of offering a maximum range of 75km while offering a 0 - 40km/h time of 4.2 seconds.
The iQube electric will also offer a home-charging system along with the scooter. While TVS also states that public charging stations will be set up for customer convenience. The scooter also comes with two modes: Economy & Power, while offering Q-park assist and regenerative braking as well.
Thoughts On The TVS iQube Electric Scooter
The TVS iQube electric scooter is the first pure-electric offering from the brand in the Indian market. The iQube electric scooter will rival the likes of the Bajaj Chetak electric and the Ather 450 in the Indian market.