- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 17 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 1 day ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Movies Mohanlal Was Not The Original Choice For Devadoothan, Reveals Sibi Malayil!
- Sports Sullivan enjoys home comforts at English Championship
- News Kerala plane crash: 14 passengers critical; probe under way to determine exact cause
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
TVS Motor Company has been working on introducing an electric scooter in the Indian market for quite a while now. The electric scooter from TVS is expected to be unveiled soon in the Indian market.
Ahead of its upcoming unveil, the new TVS electric scooter has been spied testing for the first time. ElectricVehicleweb.in has released a spy video, showcasing the electric scooter undergoing tests near Hosur (location of the TVS facility).
The short spy video showcases the scooter whizzing past the camera, completely camouflaged. The distinctive noise of the electric motors can be heard as the scooter passes through the frame, confirming it to be an EV.
TVS had showcased a concept version of their electric scooter in the form of Creon, at the Auto Expo 2018. This electric scooter concept from TVS came with a large lithium-ion battery claiming a maximum range of 80km on a single charge, along with a top speed of around 70km/h.
However, TVS Motors is yet to announce any specific details of the upcoming electric scooter. Although, the EV could feature fast-charging technology as well, allowing the scooter to be charged up to 80% in around 1 hours time.
The new TVS electric scooter will come with a host of features. The spy video of the upcoming EV from TVS can be seen with a large TFT screen for its instrument cluster. This suggests that the electric scooter could come with TVS' connected technology; which could either be its XConnect Technology offered on the NTorq 125 or an improved version of the same.
The digital instrument cluster will also provide other information such as speedometer, tachometer, trip-metres, battery-level indicator, battery health status, Bluetooth connectivity to the smartphone and a host of other functionalities as well.
The electric scooter similar to its competition might also come with regenerative braking, reverse assist, USB charger, single-channel ABS, navigation, live vehicle tracking, geo-fencing and others. However, these are yet to be confirmed officially by the brand.
Thoughts On The New TVS Electric Scooter Spy Pics
TVS Motor Company confirmed at the previous Auto Expo 2018 that they are looking to introduce electric scooters in the Indian market. The TVS Creon was a concept version representing the same.
Currently, there is no information as to when the new electric scooter from TVS will be launched in India. However, once it does, it will rival the likes of the Ather 450 and the Bajaj Chetak electric.