- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 5 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 7 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- Sports Real Madrid sign Brazilian teenager Reinier Jesus from Flamengo
- News Controversy over birthplace of Saibaba resolved after Uddhav Thackeray hold meeting
- Movies SP Balasubrahmanyam To Sing A Special Track For Puneeth Rajkumar’s Maya Bazaar
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Technology Jio Working On UPI Payments Via MyJio App To Compete With Google Pay
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
TVS Motor Company has been working on introducing an electric scooter in the Indian market for quite a while now. The electric scooter from TVS is expected to be unveiled soon in the Indian market.
Ahead of its upcoming unveil, the new TVS electric scooter has been spied testing for the first time. ElectricVehicleweb.in has released a spy video, showcasing the electric scooter undergoing tests near Hosur (location of the TVS facility).
The short spy video showcases the scooter whizzing past the camera, completely camouflaged. The distinctive noise of the electric motors can be heard as the scooter passes through the frame, confirming it to be an EV.
TVS had showcased a concept version of their electric scooter in the form of Creon, at the Auto Expo 2018. This electric scooter concept from TVS came with a large lithium-ion battery claiming a maximum range of 80km on a single charge, along with a top speed of around 70km/h.
However, TVS Motors is yet to announce any specific details of the upcoming electric scooter. Although, the EV could feature fast-charging technology as well, allowing the scooter to be charged up to 80% in around 1 hours time.
The new TVS electric scooter will come with a host of features. The spy video of the upcoming EV from TVS can be seen with a large TFT screen for its instrument cluster. This suggests that the electric scooter could come with TVS' connected technology; which could either be its XConnect Technology offered on the NTorq 125 or an improved version of the same.
The digital instrument cluster will also provide other information such as speedometer, tachometer, trip-metres, battery-level indicator, battery health status, Bluetooth connectivity to the smartphone and a host of other functionalities as well.
The electric scooter similar to its competition might also come with regenerative braking, reverse assist, USB charger, single-channel ABS, navigation, live vehicle tracking, geo-fencing and others. However, these are yet to be confirmed officially by the brand.
Thoughts On The New TVS Electric Scooter Spy Pics
TVS Motor Company confirmed at the previous Auto Expo 2018 that they are looking to introduce electric scooters in the Indian market. The TVS Creon was a concept version representing the same.
Currently, there is no information as to when the new electric scooter from TVS will be launched in India. However, once it does, it will rival the likes of the Ather 450 and the Bajaj Chetak electric.