- 6 hrs ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 7 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 8 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- Movies Sudeep Starrer Phantom Has Now Been Titled As Vikrant Rona; Logo Launch To Take Place At The Burj Khalifa
- News Mood of The Nation: 73% polled Indians believe PM Modi handled Covid pandemic well
- Education IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Released, Check RRB Office Assistant Prelims Result Link
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to Chennai Super Kings
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On Standard Chartered Bank
- Technology Huawei Mate X2 Foldable Smartphone Launch Pegged For February; Full Specifications Leaked
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
The TVS Apache RTR 180 received a price hike along with the BS6 upgrade in March, and now, it has received another hike in its prices. When the BS6 update happened in March, earlier this year, it carried a price tag of Rs 1,01,450. and has only a single variant. After the current hike, the motorcycle now costs Rs 1,03,950, which makes it Rs 2,500 more expensive (all prices are ex-showroom).
The TVS Apache RTR 180 gets features such as LED DRLs, semi-digital instrument cluster, racing graphics, large tank extensions, LED taillamp, single-piece seat, engine cowl, split pillion grab rail and alloy wheels. The motorcycle also gets telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. Braking auties are handled by a 270 mm petal disc brake at the front and a 200 mm petal disc brake at the rear along with a single-channel Super-Moto ABS as standard.
Mechanically, the RTR 180 is powered by an updated 177.4 cc single-cylinder engine along with the company's Race Tuned Fuel Injection (RT-Fi). The BS6 engine also gets an oil-cooler and produces 16bho of maximum power at 8,500 rpm and 15.5Nm of peak torque at 7,000 rpm. The unit comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
In other recent TVS news, the company has recently increased the price of the TVS Apache RTR 160 BS6. The motorcycle is now priced at a hike of Rs 3,500 more, and now touches the Rs 1 lakh mark and is available in two variants - Drum and Disc. Mechanically, the motorcycle is powered by a 159.7 cc single-cylinder BS6-compliant short-stroke engine. The unit produces 14.8bhp of power and 13.9Nm of peak torque and is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
TVS had earlier increased the prices for the Apache RTR 160 4V and the RTR 200 4V range of motorcycles. The prices have been increased by around Rs 2,500 depending on the model. New prices are listed on the company website.
Thoughts About The TVS Apache RTR 180 Price Hike
TVS has increased the price of its entire RTR series motorcycles. We do not know the exact reason, but we think that it is mainly because of losses incurred by the brand due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.