- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Bhagyashree To Play The Role Of Jayalalithaa's Mother In Kangana Ranaut's Thalaivi: Report
- Lifestyle Seasoned Actress Kelly Preston Had The Most Beautiful Collection Of Dresses, Here’s Proof
- News Rare Comet Neowise headed to earth, will be visible in India from July 14 for next 20 days
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Technology Intel Thunderbolt 4 Universal Dock Officially Announced: What Caught Our Attention?
- Sports England's batting still their nemesis: Nasser Hussain
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The TVS Apache RTR 180 received a price hike along with the BS6 upgrade in March, and now, it has received another hike in its prices. When the BS6 update happened in March, earlier this year, it carried a price tag of Rs 1,01,450. and has only a single variant. After the current hike, the motorcycle now costs Rs 1,03,950, which makes it Rs 2,500 more expensive (all prices are ex-showroom).
The TVS Apache RTR 180 gets features such as LED DRLs, semi-digital instrument cluster, racing graphics, large tank extensions, LED taillamp, single-piece seat, engine cowl, split pillion grab rail and alloy wheels. The motorcycle also gets telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. Braking auties are handled by a 270 mm petal disc brake at the front and a 200 mm petal disc brake at the rear along with a single-channel Super-Moto ABS as standard.
Mechanically, the RTR 180 is powered by an updated 177.4 cc single-cylinder engine along with the company's Race Tuned Fuel Injection (RT-Fi). The BS6 engine also gets an oil-cooler and produces 16bho of maximum power at 8,500 rpm and 15.5Nm of peak torque at 7,000 rpm. The unit comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
In other recent TVS news, the company has recently increased the price of the TVS Apache RTR 160 BS6. The motorcycle is now priced at a hike of Rs 3,500 more, and now touches the Rs 1 lakh mark and is available in two variants - Drum and Disc. Mechanically, the motorcycle is powered by a 159.7 cc single-cylinder BS6-compliant short-stroke engine. The unit produces 14.8bhp of power and 13.9Nm of peak torque and is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
TVS had earlier increased the prices for the Apache RTR 160 4V and the RTR 200 4V range of motorcycles. The prices have been increased by around Rs 2,500 depending on the model. New prices are listed on the company website.
Thoughts About The TVS Apache RTR 180 Price Hike
TVS has increased the price of its entire RTR series motorcycles. We do not know the exact reason, but we think that it is mainly because of losses incurred by the brand due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.