- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The Hosur-based two-wheeler giant TVS has increased the price of the TVS Apache RTR 160 BS6. The motorcycle is now priced at a hike of Rs 3,500 more, and now touches the Rs 1 lakh mark. The Apache RTR 160 BS6 is available in two variants - Drum and Disc.
The drum brake variant of the most affordable Apache costs Rs 97,000 ex-showroom. On the other hand, the disc brake variant will cost the customer Rs 1 lakh ex-showroom now. However, the specifications and features of the motorbike remain the same.
The motorcycle gets features such as LED DRLs and LED taillamp, a semi-digital instrument cluster with lap timer, 0-60 and top speed recorder, attractive graphics, a sporty engine cowl and a single-channel Super-Moto ABS. The TVS Apache RTR 160 BS6 is available in 6 colour options - Pearl White, Matte Blue, Gloss Red, Gloss Black, T Grey and Matte Red.
Mechanically, the motorcycle is powered by a 159.7 cc single-cylinder BS6-compliant short-stroke engine. The unit produces 15bhp of power and 13.9Nm of peak torque and is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
In other recent TVS news, the company also increased the prices for the Apache RTR 160 4V and the RTR 200 4V range of motorcycles. The prices have been increased by around Rs 2,500 depending on the model. New prices are present on the company website.
TVS added a couple of new features to the Apache RTR 160 4V and the 200 4V. IT features new LED headlamps, resigned position lamps, feather touch start, new body graphics, and the brand's (GTT) Glide Through Technology to manoeuvre in stop-start traffic. However, the bigger RTR 200 V features a little more equipment over the 160 4V and gets a Bluetooth enabled LCD instrument cluster that supports the brand's ‘SmartXConnect' connected technology offering a host of information including rider telemetry data as well.
The 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V features a new fuel-injected 197.75 cc single-cylinder, four-valve, air/oil-cooled engine. The engine produces 20.2bhp and a peak torque of 16.8Nm. The BS4 model had a peak torque output of 18.1Nm at 7,000rpm. The engine comes mated to a standard five-speed gearbox.
Thoughts About The TVS Apache RTR 160 BS6 Price Hike
TVS has increased the price of its RTR series motorcycles. There could be several reasons behind the price increase, it is expected to be mainly because of losses incurred by the brand due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.