- 54 min ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- Movies Eid Mubarak 2020: Mahesh Babu, Chiranjeevi & Other Wish Fans On Eid-Al-Fitr
- News Cyclone Amphan: Kolkata residents continue to stage protest to restore power, water supply
- Sports La Liga boss wants June 11 Seville derby to restart season
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Triumph India recently launched the 2020 Street Triple RS at a price tag of Rs 11.13 lakh (ex-showroom). The middleweight sport naked was supposed to go on sale earlier, but due to the COVID-19 crisis, the company had to postpone the launch.
Following the launch of the 2020 Street Triple RS, the company is now looking at introducing its mid-spec variant, the Street Triple R. According to Autocar India, the Street Triple R will go on sale in the Indian market sometime during June this year.
This middleweight naked motorcycle is expected to be positioned below the recently launched RS version. The upcoming Street Triple R will feature a digital instrument cluster with an analogue tachometer.
The motorcycle will also get 41 mm Showa upside-down suspension at the front and an adjustable mono-shock at the rear. Braking duties will be handled by twin 310mm disc brakes at the front and a 220mm disc brake at the rear, and will feature dual-channel ABS.
Powering the Street Triple R will be a 765cc, 3-cylinder engine that produces 116bhp of power at 12,000rpm and 77Nm of peak torque at 9,400 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox via a slip-assist clutch. The motorcycle will also feature three riding modes.
The recently launched Street Triple RS comes with a host of new features, added equipment and a completely reworked engine as well. The RS gets a revised set of twin LED headlamps with sleeker LED DRLs, an updated tail section with a sleeker and sharper look, along with updated belly pan and the fuel tank as well.
The 2020 Triumph Street Triple RS is powered by a BS6 compliant 765cc in-line three-cylinder unit. The engine now produces 121bhp of power at 11,750rpm and 79Nm of peak torque at 9,350rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox with up/ down quickshifter as standard.
Thoughts About The Street Triple R
We hope that Triumph launches the Street Triple R soon as lately the naked middleweight segment has been gaining a lot of traction in our market. Once launched, the Street Triple R will go up against the likes of the BS6 KTM 790 Duke (still to launch) and is expected to be priced around the Rs 9 lakh mark.