- 7 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 10 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo Review (First Drive): The Best Handling Mid-Size SUV?
- 11 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Suhana Khan Stands Up Against Colourism: Hits Back At Trolls That Target Her Skin Tone
- Sports IPL 2020: David Warner happy with Sunrisers' death bowling against Delhi Capitals
- News US Presidential Debate 2020: Donald Trump in debate prep before faceoff with Joe Biden
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds Giving Out Dividends On Sharp Market Rally
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
- Technology Mi Band 5 First Impressions: Better Display, New Health Features & More Functional Design
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari’s Latest Suit Look Is A Lesson In Traditional-perfection
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In October 2020
Triumph Motorcycles will be launching the new Tiger 900 adventure motorcycle in India on June 19, this year. The company was expected to launch the adventure motorcycle in May, however, that got delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now the company has finally revealed the launch date, which will be held digitally. Also, Triumph has already started taking pre-bookings for the adventure motorcycle at a token of Rs 50,000.
Globally, the Tiger 900 is available in two versions - standard and pro. The one which is going to launch in our country is likely to be the standard version just like with the Tiger 800 models. There's a lot that's gone into the Tiger 900 and the motorcycle gets a new engine and a better electronics package.
The new Tiger 900 gets safety and electronic features such as an IMU-based ABS system co-developed with Continental, a bi-directional quick shifter, six riding modes - Rain, Rider, Road, Sport, Off-Road, and Off-Road Pro, and the My Triumph connectivity module as standard on the pro trims.
Mechanically, the new Triumph Tiger 900 will be powered by an all-new BS6 compliant 888cc inline three-cylinder engine. The new engine produces 94bhp of power and 87Nm of peak torque (94bhp and 79Nm on the Tiger 800). However, in the Tiger 900, the peak torque kicks in at 7250rpm, while it used to peak at 8050rpm on the older models. The new Tiger also has a deeper exhaust note, thanks to the new 1-3-2 firing order (1-2-3 on the Tiger 800).
The Tiger 900 GT gets the Marzocchi suspension units and the Rally Pro version gets the Showa suspension setup. Braking duties on both motorcycles are handled by Brembo Stylema calipers with a twin-disc setup at the front and a single disc at the rear.
In Other recent Triumph Motorcycle news, the company recently launched the Black-Edition versions of the T100 and T120 models in its Bonneville range. The Triumph Bonneville T100 Black Edition and T120 Black Edition are priced at Rs 8.87 lakh and Rs 9.97 lakh, respectively (all prices are ex-showroom India).
Thoughts On The New Triumph Tiger 900
The Tiger 800s were priced between the Rs 12 to 15.2 lakh ex-showroom mark. keeping that in mind, we expect the Tiger 900 to carry a price tag between Rs 13.5 to 16 lakh ex-showroom. Once launched, the Tiger 900 will go up against the likes of the Ducati Multistrada 950 and the newly BMW F900 XR.