- 38 min ago Mahindra Marazzo Automatic To Launch Soon & KUV100 To Live On: Not Discontinued?
- 1 hr ago Honda Bikes & Scooters Offers: Discount Benefits On Shine & Grazia Models
- 15 hrs ago Pristine 1979 Mercedes-Benz W123 Clocks More Than 12.6 Lakh Kilometres; Put Up For Auction
- 17 hrs ago Renault Extends Warranty & Free Service Period In India Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- News Light rain, thunderstorms likely in Delhi
- Finance What is the Difference Between Custodian and Depository?
- Technology Airtel Beats Reliance Jio Adds More User Active Base In February
- Sports England's IPL players unlikely to find place in Test squad against New Zealand: Reports
- Movies Robert De Niro Injures Leg While On Location For Killers of the Flower Moon, Shooting To Continue
- Education CBSE Board Exam 2021: Decision On Class 12 Board Exam Pending, Students Seek Cancellation
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: 5 Beautiful Ensembles Of The Diva To Keep You Ethnically-Inspired For Weddings
Triumph Motorcycles will be launching the new Tiger 900 adventure motorcycle in India on June 19, this year. The company was expected to launch the adventure motorcycle in May, however, that got delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now the company has finally revealed the launch date, which will be held digitally. Also, Triumph has already started taking pre-bookings for the adventure motorcycle at a token of Rs 50,000.
Globally, the Tiger 900 is available in two versions - standard and pro. The one which is going to launch in our country is likely to be the standard version just like with the Tiger 800 models. There's a lot that's gone into the Tiger 900 and the motorcycle gets a new engine and a better electronics package.
The new Tiger 900 gets safety and electronic features such as an IMU-based ABS system co-developed with Continental, a bi-directional quick shifter, six riding modes - Rain, Rider, Road, Sport, Off-Road, and Off-Road Pro, and the My Triumph connectivity module as standard on the pro trims.
Mechanically, the new Triumph Tiger 900 will be powered by an all-new BS6 compliant 888cc inline three-cylinder engine. The new engine produces 94bhp of power and 87Nm of peak torque (94bhp and 79Nm on the Tiger 800). However, in the Tiger 900, the peak torque kicks in at 7250rpm, while it used to peak at 8050rpm on the older models. The new Tiger also has a deeper exhaust note, thanks to the new 1-3-2 firing order (1-2-3 on the Tiger 800).
The Tiger 900 GT gets the Marzocchi suspension units and the Rally Pro version gets the Showa suspension setup. Braking duties on both motorcycles are handled by Brembo Stylema calipers with a twin-disc setup at the front and a single disc at the rear.
In Other recent Triumph Motorcycle news, the company recently launched the Black-Edition versions of the T100 and T120 models in its Bonneville range. The Triumph Bonneville T100 Black Edition and T120 Black Edition are priced at Rs 8.87 lakh and Rs 9.97 lakh, respectively (all prices are ex-showroom India).
Thoughts On The New Triumph Tiger 900
The Tiger 800s were priced between the Rs 12 to 15.2 lakh ex-showroom mark. keeping that in mind, we expect the Tiger 900 to carry a price tag between Rs 13.5 to 16 lakh ex-showroom. Once launched, the Tiger 900 will go up against the likes of the Ducati Multistrada 950 and the newly BMW F900 XR.