- 16 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 18 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 19 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Triumph Motorcycle recently launched several motorcycles in the Indian market starting with the 2020 Street Triple RS. The naked motorcycle was launched in April at an introductory pricing of Rs 11.13 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The company has now announced a price hike on the motorcycle within three months from the first launch. However, the price hike received by the 2020 Street Triple RS is just Rs 20,000, which is still justify's the price of the motorcycle.
The ‘RS' variant now retails at a starting price of Rs 11.33 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The motorcycle comes with a host of equipment, features, electronic rider aids and an updated engine that is based on the current power units used in Moto2 racing.
The motorcycle comes powered by an in-line three-cylinder 765cc engine. It now produces a maximum of 121.36bhp at 11750rpm and a peak torque of 79Nm at 950rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox with slip-assist clutch and a two-way quickshifter as standard.
Apart from an updated engine, the motorcycle has also received new cosmetic updates. This includes a new sleek-looking twin LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs. It has also received few changes on the rear-section that makes it look more aggressive adding to the street-naked looks of the motorcycle. It also features a revised belly pan and a fuel tank.
The Street Triple RS comes loaded with a host of electronic rider aids. These include four riding modes with one rider configurable mode, traction control, dual-channel ABS and a host of other features enabled by an accessory chip offered as an add-on by the company.
All of the electronic rider aids can now be controlled via a new instrument cluster. It now features a full-colour, 5-inch TFT instrument pack offering a host of information to the rider. It also features Bluetooth connectivity which offers turn-by-turn navigation, and control music; among others.
The 2020 Street Triple RS will continue to feature a twin-spar aluminium frame and a new swingarm. Braking on the motorcycle is done via Twin 310mm floating discs with Brembo M50 monobloc callipers at the front and Single 220mm disc with Brembo single-piston calliper setup at the rear.
Suspension duties on the motorcycle are done via 41mm Showa UpSide-Down Big Piston Forks at the front, and Ohlins STX40 mono-shock suspension unit at the rear, both of which are fully adjustable for compression and rebound damping with preload adjustment.
In related news, the company is gearing up to launch a new ‘R' variant to the Street Triple's line-up. It will be the new base model for the motorcycles, that features the same engine but with a slightly lower state of tune and also misses out on a few pieces of equipment as well — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Triumph Street Triple RS Price Hike Announced
The Street Triple RS comes as a well-rounded package with a top-notch performance delivered from quality hardware on the motorcycle. Considering what the motorcycle is offering, the price hike Triumph Motorcycles is still justified. Soon, it will be joined by a new base-spec affordable variant that offers a similar kind of performance.