- 5 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 23 Highlights: Captain Kavita Saves Eijaz And Nominates Aly For Eviction
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Triumph Motorcycles India has announced that the Bonneville T100 Black & the Bonneville T120 Black will be launched in India on June 12. The upcoming motorcycles are a special 'Black-Edition' motorcycles of the standard models in the brand's line-up.
The Bonneville T100 Black and the Bonneville T120 Black motorcycles retain the modern-retro looks with round-shaped headlamps and tail-lamps, a sculpted fuel tank, and dual-pod instrument cluster; among others.
However, both motorcycles feature a host of blacked-out components across the motorcycle, which are usually finished in chrome on the standard variants. These include blacked-out wheels, engine covers, mirrors and the exhaust manifold. It also gets a ‘Black' badging next to the motorcycle nameplate on the side covers.
Apart from the aforementioned changes, the ‘Black' motorcycles remain unchanged mechanically. All the cycle parts remain the same including the engine on the special edition motorcycles.
The Triumph Bonneville T100 is powered by a 900cc parallel-twin engine. It produces a maximum power of 55bhp at 5,750rpm and a peak torque of 77Nm at 3,050rpm and comes mated to a standard five-speed gearbox.
On the other hand, the Triumph Bonneville T120 is by a 1,200cc parallel-twin engine. It produces a maximum power of 79bhp at 6,550rpm and a peak torque of 105Nm at 3,100rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox as standard.
Apart from the different powertrain, both motorcycles share most of its cycle parts between them. This includes suspension, brakes, exhaust system, instrument console and more. The suspension duties on both motorcycles are handled by a 41mm forks at the front, and a twin-shock set up at the rear, both of which are from KYB. Braking on motorcycles are done via 310mm discs at the front and 255mm discs at the rear sourced from Nissin. The motorcycles feature dual-channel ABS as standard.
The standard variants of the Bonneville T100 and the Bonneville T120 retails at a starting price of Rs 8.87 lakh and Rs 9.97 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (India). We expect the special edition motorcycles to carry a slight premium over the standard models when launched in India.
Thoughts About The Triumph Bonneville T100 Black & T120 Black India Launch
The Triumph Bonneville has been a successful motorcycle for the brand in the India market. The motorcycle's simple modern design with retro looks has attracted more buyers. With the upcoming special edition motorcycles, the company aims to sell more of these retro-motorcycle catering to the demand.