- 2 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 17 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 23 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 1 day ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- Lifestyle Newly Wed Yami Gautam Looks ‘Simply Happy’ In Her Beautiful Printed Maxi Dress; Know It’s Price Inside!
- Movies Radhe Shyam: Here’s How Much Makers Of Prabhas Starrer Have Spent For Over 26 Humongous Sets!
- News Now reported in 85 countries, delta variant expected to become dominant lineage
- Technology Microsoft Windows 11 With Design Overhaul Releasing Today; Event Time, Livestream Details
- Finance 7th Pay Commission: Pensioners Can Now Get Pension Slip Via WhatsApp, SMS & Mail
- Sports WTC Final: Taylor, Southee and retiring Watling rejoice after World Test Championship win
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exams 2021 Likely To Be Conducted In 3rd Week Of July, Check Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
The list of the top-selling two-wheelers in the India market for the month of March 2020 has been released. The two-wheeler sales in the Indian market during the month of March 2020 witnessed a major decline, mainly due to the coronavirus lockdown, which shut down all operations and businesses in the country.
The coronavirus pandemic brought the country under lockdown during the second-half of March 2020. Hence, sales of two-wheelers took a major hit, with just the first-half of the month open for business.
Among the sales which did take place, the Hero Splendor emerged as the best-selling two-wheeler in the market. The Hero Splendor registered sales of 1,43,726 units; a drop of 42% compared to March 2019 when it registered over 2.42 lakh units of sales.
The second on the list is yet another Hero motorcycle, the HF Deluxe. This is yet another entry-level motorcycle offering from the brand in the Indian market. The Hero HF Deluxe registered a relatively smaller drop of 21% in the Indian market in the previous month with 1,14,969 units of sales.
With just a few hundred models difference, the third-spot was occupied by the Honda Activa. The Activa is the most popular scooter offering in the Indian market and is currently in its sixth-generation iteration. The Honda Activa 6G registered 1,14,757 units last month, compared to 1,48,241 units in March 2019.
Fourth on the list was the Honda CB Shine, a commuter motorcycle offering from the brand. Honda recently updated the CB Shine to comply with the latest emission norms, which has allowed it to register a massive growth in March 2020. The Honda CB Shine registered 86,633 units of sales compared to 29,827 units during the same month in 2019.
Completing the top-5 on the list is the Bajaj Pulsar range. This includes all the models, ranging from the entry-level 125 to the 220F. The Bajaj Pulsar range has witnessed a massive drop of 51% sales in the market, reducing from a little over 1 lakh sales in March 2019 to around 50,000 in the previous month.
|Rank||Model||March 2020 Sales|
|2||Hero HF Deluxe||1,14,969|
|4||Honda CB Shine||86,633|
|6||TVS XL Super||32,808|
|9||Royal Enfield Classic 350||24,253|
Following the top-five on the list are the TVS XL Super, Honda Dio, Suzuki Access 125, Royal Enfield Classic 350 and the TVS Apache range. All models have witnessed a major drop in sales as expected in the month of March 2020, with the Dio scooter being the only model to register growth. The Honda Dio registered an improvement in its sales from just 6,700 units in March 2019 to over 29,000 units in the previous month.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Two-Wheelers In India During March 2020
The top-selling scooter and motorcycle in the Indian market have pretty much remained unchanged. However, sales have dropped drastically amidst the lockdown, which started on the 24th of March and has now been extended till the 3rd of May.