- 1 hr ago Suzuki Katana Unveiled In Two New Paint Schemes: Here Are All The Details
- 2 hrs ago Honda To Discontinue The Diesel Civic As The BS6 Norms Kick In
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar 180F BS6 Model Launched In India At Rs 1.08 Lakh, Ex-Showroom Delhi
- 3 hrs ago Mercedes Benz India Sets Up Temporary Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In Pune
- News It is not only the govt that can post on COVID-19, but fake news by you can land you in jail
- Movies Dekh Bhai Dekh, Shrimaan Shrimati & Other Iconic Shows Return To TV; Fans Can’t Get Enough Of DD
- Lifestyle How To Mind Our Minds During COVID-19 Lockdown
- Sports COVID-19 lockdown: India's lone woman Paralympic medalist to feed daily wagers
- Finance Women Jan Dhan Account Holders Can Withdraw Rs 500 From 3 April In Sequence
- Technology Redmi Band, The Brand’s First Wearable Could Be Launched On April 3
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
The list of the top-selling scooter and bikes in India for the month of February 2020 has been released. The Honda Activa and the Hero Splendor continue to dominate their respective segment of India's two-wheeler market.
Starting off with the scooter segment, Honda continues to dominate this space with the Activa. The company recently introduced the latest iteration of the scooter in the form of the Honda Activa 6G. The new scooter comes with a host of new features, subtle changes to its design and other equipment as well; all of which add to its popularity in the Indian market.
In the month of February 2020, the Honda Activa (both the 6G and 125 models) registered sales of 2.22 lakh units in the Indian market. Following the Honda Activa is the Suzuki Access 125, the best-selling 125cc scooter in the Indian market.
The Suzuki Access 125 registered just over 50,000 units of sales in the previous month; almost four and a half times less than the sales of the Activa in the top-slot. Moving on to the third spot is the TVS Jupiter with 31,440 units of sales in the previous month.
The fourth and fifth spot is occupied by the Honda Dio and the Yamaha Fascino. The Honda Dio which was recently updated in the Indian market, registered 26,494 units of sales while the Yamaha Fascino recorded 25,709 units during the month of February 2020.
The bottom five on the best-selling scooter list include the TVS NTorq 125, Yamaha Ray, Hero Pleasure, Suzuki Burgman Street and the Hero Destini 125.
|Rank||Scooter||Sales (February 2020)|
|2||Suzuki Access 125||50,103|
|6||TVS NTorq 125||22,804|
|9||Suzuki Burgman Street 125||7,626|
|10||Hero Destini 125||7,304|
Moving to the bikes segment, the Hero Splendor continues to dominate the sales with over 2 lakh units sold last month. The Hero HF Deluxe is in the second position with a relatively close 1.75 lakh registered sales.
Bajaj comes in third with its popular Pulsar range. The Bajaj Pulsar range includes the 150, NS160, NS200 and the 220F. The Bajaj Pulsar range registered just a little over 75,000 units in the previous month.
Fourth and fifth position on the list is the Honda CB Shine and the Royal Enfield Classic 350, with 50,825 units and 41,766 units, respectively. The bottom-five on the table further consist of Hero Glamour, Hero Passion, Bajaj Platina, TVS Apache and the Bajaj CT models.
|Rank||Motorcycle||Sales (February 2020)|
|2||Hero HF Deluxe||1,75,997|
|4||Honda CB Shine||50,825|
|5||Royal Enfield Classic 350||41,766|
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Scooters & Bikes In India For February 2020
Two-wheeler manufacturers have released the sales figures of their popular offerings in the Indian market. The sales do seem promising, however, with the Covid-19 outbreak currently causing a massive threat to the industry, it will be tough for many manufacturers to achieve similar figures in the coming months.