- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago New MINI Countryman launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 39.50 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago New Tata Tiago ‘XTA’ Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.99 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Interiors Sketches Officially Revealed Ahead Of India Launch
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8 March 4 Highlights: Dhanushree, Shubha, Raghu, Vishwanath And Nirmala Get Nominated
- News Two observers to arrive in West Bengal today, oversee poll preparedness
- Sports Indian women’s hockey team end Germany tour with 1-2 defeat
- Technology Sony's New Patent Can Transform Any Live Object Into A Controller
- Finance NPS Vs APY: Where To Invest In Terms Of Good Returns?
- Education HPSSC Junior Office Assistant Admit Card 2021 Released At www.hpsssb.hp.gov.in
- Lifestyle Neha Kakkar And Rohanpreet Singh Shells Out Major Couple Fashion Goals As They Twin In Black
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
Telangana recently announced a new EV policy for faster adoption of electric vehicles across the State. According to the new EV policy, the government is providing 100 per cent road tax and registration fee exempt for the first 2 lakh electric two-wheelers purchased by customers in Telangana.
Electric vehicles are becoming a popular choice, especially inside the city for last-mile commutes or connectivity. As a result, most states are announcing new EV policies which are in addition to the FAME II scheme offered by the Indian Government.
Telangana has joined the list of States, who have announced a separate EV policy aiming for faster adoption of EVs across the state. The major advantage of EVs as compared to the gasoline-powered vehicles is the decrease in air pollution.
The electric vehicles do not produce any emission as it does not require the use of an internal combustion engine. This is help reduce air pollution across the state and improve air quality for a better environment.
In addition to the except on two-wheeler EVs, the State Government also aims to generate demand for battery storage solutions. It will be providing incentives for both adoption and manufacturing incentives for battery production in the state.
The Telangana Government will also be installing public charging stations to encourage people in the state to switch to green mobility. The first batch of charging stations will be installed in Hyderabad and will expand to other cities in a phase-wised manner.
The EV policy also states road tax and registration fee exempt for the first 5,000 electric four-wheeler commercial passenger vehicles. This includes taxis, and tourist cabs; among others. The new EV policy also offers the exempt for first 10,000 electric three-wheelers in the cargo segment and electric light goods carriers purchased and registered within Telangana.
Thoughts About The New Telangana EV Policy Announced In the State
Telangana aims to support the use of electric vehicles across the State with the new EV policy. With no road tax or registration fee, the price of the electric vehicle will decrease substantially making it the most affordable option. Additionally, there will an adequate charging infrastructure in place as well.