- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 19 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Movies Splitsvilla 13: Ace Of Space Fame Nikita Bhamidipati Confirmed As One Of The Contestants
- News Sourav Ganguly unwell, taken to Apollo Hospital in Kolkata
- Technology Dixon To Manufacture Nokia Smartphones In India
- Lifestyle Rasika Dugal And Kirti Kulhari Have Flared Dress Goals For Us And Styling Lessons Too!
- Finance 6 Factors That Led To Over 700 Points Losses On Sensex
- Sports World No.2 Argentina beat Indian Women's Hockey Team 3-2; Sharmila and Gurjit Kaur score for India
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Suzuki Motorcycles has unveiled the GSX-R 1000R Legend Edition globally. The limited-edition motorcycle will pay homage to all the Suzuki MotoGP championships won over the years. The new motorcycle has been launched to commemorate its victory of the 2020 MotoGP championship.
Riders who have won MotoGP championships riding for Suzuki include Barry Sheene in 1976 and 1977, Marco Lucchinelli in 1981, Franco Uncini in 1982, Kevin Schwantz in 1993, Kenny Roberts Jr. in 2000, and Joan Mir in the year 2020.
The GSX-R 1000R Legend Edition will be available in seven different colours. Each colour is then complemented by the liveries of MotoGP championship-winning bikes from the brand. This includes the white and red paint scheme livery similar to Barry Sheen's bike ridden in the year 1976 and 1977.
The limited-edition motorcycle will also feature a pillion seat cowl and an Akrapovic exhaust system as standard. The rest of the mechanicals and features are the same as the ones seen on the standard GSX-R 1000R.
The GSX-R 1000R is powered by a liquid-cooled, four-cylinder, 999cc engine. It produces a maximum of 199.23hp at 13,200rpm and a peak torque of 117.6Nm at 10,800rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox along with a slip-assisted clutch and a Suzuki Bi-Directional Quick Shift System.
The motorcycle features a host of electronic rider aids including a six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU). Other features include a Ride-by-Wire system, Suzuki Drive Mode Selector with three modes, a 10-mode traction control system, ABS, and Suzuki Launch Control System; among others.
The GSX-R 1000R also features a fully-digital LCD instrument display, which is inspired by the GSX-RR MotoGP bike. It offers a host of information to the rider. All the electronics on the motorcycle are controlled via the LCD panel and the switchgear on the handlebar.
Suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by a 43 mm Showa Balance Free Front (BFF) forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear also sourced from Showa. Braking on the motorcycle is done via dual 320mm disc-brake with radially mounted callipers at the front and a 240mm single disc brake at the rear sourced from Brembo.
While superbike buyers in the country would like to own these rare and limited-edition motorcycles, sadly the Suzuki GSX-R 1000R Legend Edition will not be reaching Indian shores.
Thoughts About The Suzuki GSX-R 1000R Legend Edition
The Suzuki GSX-R 1000R Legend Edition is a unique and rear motorcycle. The limited-edition motorcycle pay homage to all the racing riders and their machines who have over the year put the brand on the map. Along with the exclusivity, the GSX-R 1000R also comes equipped with top-spec hardware and electronic rider-aids.