- 18 hrs ago Emissions & PUC Tests Become Centralised — Your Vehicle Can Now Get A Rejection Slip For Pollution
- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors’ Strides In The Commercial Vehicle Segment: Long Haulage With Tata Trucks
- 1 day ago From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- 1 day ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- Technology Battlegrounds Mobile India Ban: CAIT Urges Union IT Minister To Ban New Game
- News World Music Day 2021: What is the history, significance and quotes for 'Fete de la Musique'
- Movies Kapil Sharma Shares First Picture Of His Son Trishaan With Daughter Anayra On Father’s Day
- Sports PSL 2021 Qualifier 1: Islamabad United v Multan Sultans: Dream11, Possible Playing 11, Timing, Prediction
- Finance Sensex Plunges 550 Points On Weak Global Cues
- Education Why Is International Yoga Day Celebrated On June 21?
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Suzuki Two-Wheelers could be working on introducing an electric scooter in the Indian market soon. While there hasn't been any official confirmation on this, India Today recently released spy pics of what is said to be prototypes of the brand's upcoming electric scooter, undergoing tests on Indian streets.
At first glance, the scooter can easily pass off as a regular Burgam Street model. However, closer inspection does reveal that it is in-fact the brand's electric scooter undergoing testing. The test mule can be seen with all its badges and logos covered, although the design is a clear giveaway of the model.
Another telltale sign of it being an electric scooter, is the absence of its side-mounted exhaust. Apart from this, the spy pics reveal that the test mule also seems to feature a slightly different suspension setup at both ends, while also featuring a tyre hugger at the back.
Apart from this, most other design elements seem to be carried over from the standard Burgman Street maxi-scooter itself. Suzuki has not mentioned anything related to its upcoming electric scooter models in the future, hence there is no information available regarding any of its details.
However, with Bajaj and TVS also having introduced electric scooters in the Indian market, we can expect Suzuki's upcoming model to also be in the same ballpark. The upcoming Suzuki electric scooter will rival the Bajaj Chetak, TVS iQube and even the Ather 450X in the Indian market. With this we also expect the electric scooter to have similar specifications, range and performance figures.
Suzuki recently introduced the Burgman Street 125 scooter with a new fully-digital instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity. We expect the upcoming electric scooter from Suzuki to also receive this feature, along with a few others such as LED lighting all around, large boot space, disc brakes at both ends and wide comfortable seats.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Suzuki Electric Scooter
There is little to no information yet on Suzuki's upcoming electric scooter, apart from these spy pics. However, considering the rising demand for electric scooters in the market, we do expect Suzuki to also get into the EV segment very soon.