- 7 hrs ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 8 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 9 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- Education SSC GD Constable Result 2018: Check Final Result PDF, Merit List And Cut-off
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 21 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Engage In War Of Words, Rakhi Gets Punished
- News Mood of The Nation: 73% polled Indians believe PM Modi handled Covid pandemic well
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to Chennai Super Kings
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On Standard Chartered Bank
- Technology Huawei Mate X2 Foldable Smartphone Launch Pegged For February; Full Specifications Leaked
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Italian motorcycle manufacturer, Soriano Motori has revealed the brand's first electric motorcycle, the Giaguaro. The motorcycle will be offered in three variants: the V1R, V1S and the top-spec V1 Gara.
The motorcycle is expected to be unveiled during the 2020 EICMA Motorshow that is scheduled to take place in November. Although the company has not revealed the complete specs of the motorcycle, it has revealed the design and few of the technologies used in the upcoming electric-bike.
The company has named its upcoming electric motorcycle on the Jaguar, which translates to ‘Giaguaro' in the Italian language. The electric motorcycle is already up for pre-order on the company's website. The entry-level ‘V1R' costs 25,000 Euros (approx. Rs 21.45 lakh), the mid-spec ‘V2S' is priced at 30,500 Euros (approx. Rs 26.17 lakh), and the range-topping ‘V1 Gara' can be pre-ordered for 32,500 Euros (approx. Rs 27.89 lakh).
Talking about the electric motorcycle's design, the Giaguaro features a radical-looking design with an Italian flair that manages to turn heads. The motorcycle's frame is exposed and the battery pack is neatly tucked away under the full-body fairing. It also features a round-shaped headlamp, single-piece handlebar, split seats, and a tinted visor; among others.
All three motorcycles feature a unique girder type front suspension, which adds to the motorcycle's futuristic looks. The rear suspension is handled by a mono-shock setup, which is expected to be a fully-adjustable unit. The brake duties are handled by a new perimeter hydraulic disc setup clamped by a six-piston brake calliper at both ends.
Moving to the electric powertrain of the Giaguaro, all three models will feature the brand's duo-flex electric motor set up. This set up includes two electric motors are joined in a type of boxer arrangement. The duo-flex motor can either run together or independently with each motor.
The new powertrain setup on the motorcycle will shut off one motor when the load is normal at slow speeds. This results in increased riding range of the motorcycle. Both the electric motors are activated to deliver maximum performance when needed.
The electric motorcycles are expected to feature a claimed range of 150 km on a single charge and a top speed of over 180kmph. The duo-flex electric motor will come mated to a three-speed gearbox. Other features on the motorcycle include a six-axis inertial measurement unit (IMU), which will likely power the traction control and lean-sensitive ABS.
Other specifications of the motorcycles are yet to be revealed by the company at the time of unveiling during the 2020 EICMA. The 2020 EICMA is one among the few Motorshows that is still on the calendar, despite the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic across the country.
Thoughts About The Soriano Motori Giaguaro Electric Motorcycle
The Soriano Motori Giaguaro electric motorcycle looks absolutely gorgeous with signature Italian styling and design. It also comes packed with new technologies such as the front suspension and the duo-flex electric motor.