- 9 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 11 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 12 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Week 9, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A32, Redmi K40 Pro+, Realme Narzo 30A And More
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3: Angel & Remya Enter As Wildcard Entries, Firoz-Sajna & Michelle Get Punished
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Bangalore based electric scooter startup, Simple Energy, announced its latest achievement of driving range confirmed by ARAI. According to the company, the electric scooter travelled over 230 kilometres on a single battery charge, while testing at (ARAI) Automotive Research Association of India.
The company also announced that the prototype electric scooter was being tested in ECO mode. The electric scooter features a 4-kilowatt hour battery pack that has been developed in-house by Simple Energy.
According to the company, the electric scooter is also capable of reaching a top speed of 103km/h, breaking the 100km/h barrier. The charging time for the electric scooter as rated by the company is 40 minutes and 17-minutes via a home charger and fast charger, respectively.
The electric scooter is claimed to have a 0 to 50km/h acceleration time of 3.6 seconds, which will make it one among the fastest e-scooter when launched. Other features include an IP67-rated touchscreen display along with connected technology. Simple Energy also states that the electric scooter will be localized between 80 and 90 per cent for manufacturing.
The founders Suhas & Shreshth have completed "Mark 1" prototype of the electric scooter on their own. However, the team has been working on developing the production model ‘Mark 2' and are actively looking to raise investments.
During the time of launch, Simple Energy plans to have four experience centres in major cities, along with two smaller cities across the country. The company will also provide exclusive Simple Energy dealerships to service centres.
The Founder of Simple Energy, Mr Suhas Rajkumar says, "There exists a humongous gap between what the consumers want and what they receive. In the past, there was no electric two-wheeler Indian brand addressing the pain points of long-range, fast charging, value for money electric scooters."
He further added, "We identified these pain points and have been relentlessly working towards it. We started Simple Energy with a mission and the response we have received from the people is unbelievable, we have received over 1000 people enquiring for pre-booking for our Mark 2 when it is still in development."
Thoughts About The Simple Energy Electric Scooter ARAI Range Announcement
According to the latest electric riding range figures confirmed by ARAI, the company has achieved a huge 230+ kilometres range on a single charge. With the figures confirmed by the ARAI, the anticipation on the Simple Energy electric scooter has increased even further. Whether the humongous range will translate in real-world conditions remains to be seen.