- 1 hr ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: Bajaj Auto Registers 12% Yearly Growth
- 13 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 17 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- News A H Vishwanath's disqualification continues till May 2021: Karnataka HC
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 30 Highlights: Eijaz Khan Becomes The First Finalist
- Sports Babar Azam is dreaming of day when other batsmen are compared to him
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Clears BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance Cement Shares Hit 52-Week Highs; Cement Spread To Remain Strong Between Oct-March
- Lifestyle World AIDS Day: Common HIV Symptoms In Women You Shouldn’t Ignore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Bangalore based electric scooter startup, Simple Energy, announced its latest achievement of driving range confirmed by ARAI. According to the company, the electric scooter travelled over 230 kilometres on a single battery charge, while testing at (ARAI) Automotive Research Association of India.
The company also announced that the prototype electric scooter was being tested in ECO mode. The electric scooter features a 4-kilowatt hour battery pack that has been developed in-house by Simple Energy.
According to the company, the electric scooter is also capable of reaching a top speed of 103km/h, breaking the 100km/h barrier. The charging time for the electric scooter as rated by the company is 40 minutes and 17-minutes via a home charger and fast charger, respectively.
The electric scooter is claimed to have a 0 to 50km/h acceleration time of 3.6 seconds, which will make it one among the fastest e-scooter when launched. Other features include an IP67-rated touchscreen display along with connected technology. Simple Energy also states that the electric scooter will be localized between 80 and 90 per cent for manufacturing.
The founders Suhas & Shreshth have completed "Mark 1" prototype of the electric scooter on their own. However, the team has been working on developing the production model ‘Mark 2' and are actively looking to raise investments.
During the time of launch, Simple Energy plans to have four experience centres in major cities, along with two smaller cities across the country. The company will also provide exclusive Simple Energy dealerships to service centres.
The Founder of Simple Energy, Mr Suhas Rajkumar says, "There exists a humongous gap between what the consumers want and what they receive. In the past, there was no electric two-wheeler Indian brand addressing the pain points of long-range, fast charging, value for money electric scooters."
He further added, "We identified these pain points and have been relentlessly working towards it. We started Simple Energy with a mission and the response we have received from the people is unbelievable, we have received over 1000 people enquiring for pre-booking for our Mark 2 when it is still in development."
Thoughts About The Simple Energy Electric Scooter ARAI Range Announcement
According to the latest electric riding range figures confirmed by ARAI, the company has achieved a huge 230+ kilometres range on a single charge. With the figures confirmed by the ARAI, the anticipation on the Simple Energy electric scooter has increased even further. Whether the humongous range will translate in real-world conditions remains to be seen.