- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of business had to shut shop across the globe. The auto industry in our country has also faced a huge hit by the pandemic. However, Royal Enfield has decided to shut down 12 regional offices, including its corporate office in Gurugram.
This news was confirmed by an internal circular, which stated that Royal Enfield employees across the country will continue to work from home. Offices in Gurugram, Chennai, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Jharkhand, Hyderabad, Bhubaneshwar and others will be shut down immediately. This may be a part of the company's cost-cutting technique.
The circular stated that "the admin team has begun the process of renegotiating the terms for an early exit for the remaining RO (regional office) locations, where the lock-in period is beyond one year, but sales, service, apparel employees in these regions will continue on a work-from-home basis."
Lalit Malik, Chief Commercial Officer, Royal Enfield said, "Earlier it was theoretical, that we can work from home. Now, apart from the folks who have to work on the machines, and in the factories, and we can't do without that activity, barring that, there are a whole lot of 'office folks' like myself, who actually can work from home. Covid has established that it can work, but it was in our minds prior to that also. A lot of places, people used to complain that they had to travel a lot, between the regional office, and their own homes and then visit the dealer in between and so on and so forth."
"So, travel was almost a headache, especially in places which are crowded like Delhi and Mumbai, Chennai and Bengaluru. But now with work from home, it worked for us. So, we thought, let's close down a few of these regional offices, and find nicer ways to improve the work-life balance of these chaps. So, why spend time on the road when you don't have to," he further added.
In Other Royal Enfield news, the company has updated the Continental GT 650, Interceptor 650 and the all-time seller Classic 350 to meet the BS6 emission norms.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Shutting Offices
Well, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of businesses have faced huge losses. Royal Enfield is shutting 12 offices, which we think is a way of cost-cutting, but at the same time, the staff is working from home and that is a really good thing during this pandemic.