- 12 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 14 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 17 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Concept Render Hits The Web: Triple Rear Cameras And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Sports Marc Marquez facing further treatment after infection in fracture
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of business had to shut shop across the globe. The auto industry in our country has also faced a huge hit by the pandemic. However, Royal Enfield has decided to shut down 12 regional offices, including its corporate office in Gurugram.
This news was confirmed by an internal circular, which stated that Royal Enfield employees across the country will continue to work from home. Offices in Gurugram, Chennai, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Jharkhand, Hyderabad, Bhubaneshwar and others will be shut down immediately. This may be a part of the company's cost-cutting technique.
The circular stated that "the admin team has begun the process of renegotiating the terms for an early exit for the remaining RO (regional office) locations, where the lock-in period is beyond one year, but sales, service, apparel employees in these regions will continue on a work-from-home basis."
Lalit Malik, Chief Commercial Officer, Royal Enfield said, "Earlier it was theoretical, that we can work from home. Now, apart from the folks who have to work on the machines, and in the factories, and we can't do without that activity, barring that, there are a whole lot of 'office folks' like myself, who actually can work from home. Covid has established that it can work, but it was in our minds prior to that also. A lot of places, people used to complain that they had to travel a lot, between the regional office, and their own homes and then visit the dealer in between and so on and so forth."
"So, travel was almost a headache, especially in places which are crowded like Delhi and Mumbai, Chennai and Bengaluru. But now with work from home, it worked for us. So, we thought, let's close down a few of these regional offices, and find nicer ways to improve the work-life balance of these chaps. So, why spend time on the road when you don't have to," he further added.
In Other Royal Enfield news, the company has updated the Continental GT 650, Interceptor 650 and the all-time seller Classic 350 to meet the BS6 emission norms.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Shutting Offices
Well, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of businesses have faced huge losses. Royal Enfield is shutting 12 offices, which we think is a way of cost-cutting, but at the same time, the staff is working from home and that is a really good thing during this pandemic.