- 1 hr ago TVS Apache RTR 200 Single-Channel ABS Variant Launched With Ride Modes: Prices Start At Rs 1.28 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Mobility Inaugurates Its First Dealership In Delhi: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago TVS Eurogrip Launches 11 New Tyres In India Catering To Two & Three Wheelers Segment
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- Technology JioOS Explained: Is It A Threat To iOS?
- Sports India vs England 4th Test: Virat Kohli gets dismissed for duck for 12th occasion, claims unwanted record
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor Gets Emotional At Cousin Priyaank's Haldi Ceremony; Also See Pics From Beach Party
- News Explained: Will Rahul Gandhi win over south Indian votes by sea-diving, dancing and eating biryani?
- Lifestyle Pink, Red, Or Green, Which Saree Of Tamannaah Bhatia Did You Like The Most?
- Finance PNB Housing Finance Inks Agreement With Yes Bank For Co-Lending
- Education Explore List Of Indian Universities In QS World University Ranking By Subject 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses across the globe have been suspended or shut down. Due to the crisis, India is currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 17. The automobile industry is going through a rough phase as plants across the nation have been shut down. But, the government has given orders that certain industries can start functioning under rules and regulations.
Royal Enfield suspended its operation on March 23, in line with Government directives of lockdown to curtail the spread of COVID-19. However, according to the new rules issued by the Government on May 1, with regards to resumption of manufacturing, industrial and commercial business activities, RE has commenced its operations at its manufacturing facility.
According to the company statement, Royal Enfield stated, "Our manufacturing unit at Oragadam, near Chennai, India will be the first to begin operations in a staggered manner, with minimal staff over a single shift. Employees and shop floor staff residing in and around plant locations will be aligned to work in these units so as to avoid long-distance travel and minimise contact during transportation. There will be complete compliance to norms of social distancing & workplace sanitization."
On the other hand, operations at the other two manufacturing facilities at Tiruvottiyur and Vallam Vadagal will start in an organised manner too. All other office locations including corporate offices in Chennai, Gurgaon and the UK Technical Centre will remain closed, and employees will continue to work from home.
In other Royal Enfield India news, the company registered 91 units in sales for the month of April 2020 due to suspension in the operations amidst COVID-19 pandemic. It also launched the BS6-compliant version of the Classic 350 in the Indian market at Rs 1.65 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Classic 350 BS6 is powered by an updated version of the same 346cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. The engine produces 19.8bhp of power and 28Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Royal Enfield also updated its 650 twins to meet BS6 emission norms in India. The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT650 are powered by the same 649cc air and oil-cooled, parallel-twin cylinder engine producing 47bhp of power and a peak torque of 52Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox and features a slipper-clutch.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Resuming Business
Many automobile manufacturers have contributed a lot to the safety of the people amidst COVID-19. But since the businesses have been suspended they are undergoing a lot of financial crises. It's really good news that the Government has put down new rules and regulations for the companies to restart operations.