- 8 min ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 2 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 4 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Dealerships Introduce Car Safety Bubble: Ensures Sanitised Cars At The Time Of Delivery
- Sports Thrilling middleweight bout headlines UFC Vegas 16 on December 5
- News PM Modi lights the first diya of Dev Deepawali
- Finance Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Interest Rates Up To 8%
- Movies EXCLUSIVE: Durgamati Actor Jisshu Sengupta Says, ‘I Am Scared Of Ghosts’
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In December
- Lifestyle Taapsee Pannu Exudes Glam Vibes With Her Black Gown; Find Out The Details
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is one among the highly anticipated model in the that is expected to be launched sometime during this month. It will be an all-new motorcycle from the Chennai based two-wheeler manufacturer.
The Meteor 350 has been spied several times testing in India revealing a few design and equipment that will be fitted to the motorcycle. Latest images from Gaadiwaadi showcases the upcoming motorcycle to feature new switchgear for lighting and ignition functions.
The images also reveal the all-new semi-digital instrument cluster that will be featured on the Meteor 350 motorcycle. The instrument cluster seen in the images features an analogue speedometer and tachometer reading. This means that the new console could have both the digital and analogue indicators for speed. Apart from this, the digital section will feature ODO meter, trip meter, fuel gauge, distance to empty, average speed, and gear indicator; among others.
Also, the turn indicators seem to be present on both sides of the handlebars, considering that the headlight switch is moved upwards. This could another function added to the motorcycle instrument console which is rumoured to feature Bluetooth connectivity for smartphone pairing. Alternatively, it could just be a self-cancelling turn indicator.
The Meteor 350 is expected to replace the Thunderbird line-up in the brand, which was in the brand's portfolio since 2002. However, we expect the brand to replace only the ‘X' line-up available under the Thunderbird's name and the original will still be sold alongside the Meteor 350.
The upcoming Meteor 350 also features a new urban-cruiser design that similar to the Thunderbird X models from the brand. The modern-retro looking motorcycle features round-shaped headlamps and tail-lamps, a sculpted fuel tank, alloy wheels, and a blacked-out exhaust; among others. Like most motorcycles in the brand's line-up, the Meteor 350 will also offer a more relaxed riding position with well-cushioned seats, raised handlebars, and front set footpegs.
Speaking about the Meteor 350's engine, it will be an all-new (OHC) OverHead Camshaft version of the current 346cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine. The new OHC engine is expected to be more refined, offer better fuel efficiency, and above all, offer increased performance over the current tappet-valve UCE engines.
Royal Enfield has updated the tappet engine UCE engine to comply with BS6 emission standards, indicating that the UCE units will continue for some time in its line-up. The 346cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engines produces 19.1bhp and 28Nm of torque, and comes mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Apart from the engine, the Meteor 350 is expected to feature telescopic forks at the front and a twin-shock setup at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is expected to be handled by disc brakes at both ends. The company is also expected to offer dual-channel ABS as standard on the upcoming motorcycle.
Once launched, the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 will rival the Bajaj Avenger 220 Street, the Jawa 300 and the Jawa Forty-Two in the Indian market. The Meteor 350 is expected to retail between 1.6 and 1.8 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Royal Enfield Meteor To Feature New Instrument Cluster & Switchgear
As mentioned before the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is one among the highly anticipated motorcycles from the brand. From the details revealed so far, the company is making sure the upcoming Meteor to be an all-new offering from Royal Enfiled with a fresh design and new equipment.