- 55 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 2 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- 16 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- Sports Greg Chappell wants Cricket Australia to learn from BCCI
- News Shah pays tributes to Netaji Bose
- Movies Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal To Head Off To Turkey For Their Honeymoon?
- Technology Here's How How To Block Group And Numbers The Signal Application
- Finance Budget 2021: Health & Education Cess Could Go By Up To 2%
- Lifestyle Jennifer Lopez Looks A Class Apart In Her Head To Toe White Ensemble At President’s Inauguration Ceremony
- Education MH SET Answer Key 2020 Released At setexam.unipune.ac.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Royal Enfield Meteor is expected to be launched sometime next month. The new motorcycle was expected to arrive much earlier in the year. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the launch of the Meteor was delayed.
*Note: Images used are for representational purposes only
Ahead of its launch, the Meteor has been spotted testing several times revealing some of its design and features. The new motorcycle is expected to replace the recently discontinued Thunderbird X range of models.
The Meteor carries the brand's retro design along with a bobber style elements. It features a larger sculpted fuel tank, a round-shaped headlamp, taillamps and turn-signal indicators. The low-set turn indicator assembly at the rear adds to the bobber-looks.
Other features include round-shaped fenders at both ends, a blacked-out exhaust, wider rider and pillion seats, upright handlebars, and split rear grab rails. The motorcycle will also feature an all-new single-pod semi-digital instrument cluster. It features an analogue speedometer and tachometer reading with a digital display placed in the centre.
The digital display is also expected to offer a host of information to the rider including distance to empty, average speed, and gear indicator; among others. Based on the recent reports, the instrument cluster could be Bluetooth enabled to support smartphone pairing technology.
The switchgear on the upcoming motorcycle has also been revised. It now features two round dial on either side of the handlebar. These dials are for the headlight and the engine kill operations, respectively.
Speaking about the powertrain, the Meteor will feature an all-new engine that is based on the current 350 UCE unit. It will be an all-new (OHC) OverHead Camshaft set up of the current 346cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine.
The new setup on the engine is expected to offer more refinement, better fuel efficiency, and improved performance over the current UCE units. The current 346cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engines produces 19.1bhp and 28Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed gearbox.
It is will be using a new modular J platform for chassis. However, it is expected to retain its suspension and braking setup from the previous-gen Thunderbird X models. This includes telescopic forks, twin-shocks at the rear and disc brakes at both ends. It could be offered with dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts About The Royal Enfield Meteor Expected India Launch Next Month
Royal Enfield Meteor will cater to buyers who are looking for a comfortable motorcycle to ride in City and on Highways. Once launched, it will rival the Jawa 300 and the Jawa Forty-Two along with Bajaj Avenger Street 220 in the India n market. The company is also expected to offer the motorcycle with a host of cosmetic and functional accessories.