- 8 min ago Ferrari F8 Tributo Goes On Sale In India: Prices For The Supercar Start From Rs 4.02 Crore
- 1 hr ago Yamaha FZ 25 & FZS 25 BS6 Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries Could Begin Soon
- 2 hrs ago Audi RS Q8 Bookings Commence Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago Tata Motors Denies Rumor Of Selling Passenger Vehicle Business
- News Battered by rains, flood situation looms large in Karnataka
- Movies Sadak 2 Poster: Alia Bhatt Turns Off Comment Section To Avoid Trolls, Ironically Gets Trolled For It
- Technology Google Pixel Foldable Phone Confirmed Via Leaked Document; How Different Will It Be?
- Finance Kisan Rail To Begin Services On 7 August
- Sports It's official! BCCI, Vivo suspend title sponsorship for IPL 2020
- Lifestyle Nargis Fakhri Will Make You Want To Elevate Your Glam Style With Her Outfits And Jewellery
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Royal Enfield has added yet another feather to its cap as its quintessential, modern classic roadster, the Interceptor 650 has been the best selling motorcycle in the UK for the last 12 months (as per MCIA data from June 2019 - June 2020).
Speaking about this achievement Vinod K. Dasari, CEO Royal Enfield said "Our vision is to expand and lead the middleweight motorcycling segment across the world. Towards this vision and further strengthening our position as a truly global brand, Royal Enfield has been consistently focusing on widening its footprint in international markets and creating engaging experiences for enthusiasts. Since its launch, the Interceptor 650 has been gaining momentum among consumers, and has won several awards globally. Dominating the mid-segment in the UK for a year, is a truly remarkable achievement that we are very proud of. We are equally delighted with the success of our adventure-tourer Himalayan which has been among the top 5 best selling middle-weight motorcycles in the UK consistently over the last 12 months. This response from our customers in the UK has propelled Royal Enfield to become one of the fastest growing motorcycle brands in the UK."
"The Interceptor 650 marked the beginning of a new chapter and was the first truly global motorcycle from Royal Enfield. It has paved the way for us to grow from strength to strength; by building more awareness and aspiration for the brand in international markets, and by growing the 500cc+ category more than 4-times in India. Both the Interceptor 650 and Himalayan have brought in a lot of first time buyers into Royal Enfield and we believe these motorcycles have a strong potential to grow our international markets," he further added.
Royal Enfield has recorded an overall volume growth of 96 per cent across its international markets in FY20, with Europe registering 100 per cent growth over the last year. In the UK, Royal Enfield has 67 customer touchpoints and the brand has also invested in expanding its marketing, sales and service teams to manage its growth overseas.
The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 features a BS6 compliant 647.95cc air/ oil-cooled parallel-twin engine that produces 47bhp of power and 52Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Thoughts About The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
The Interceptor 650 has attracted a lot of customers majorly because of the powertrain department. The new parallel-twin engine is smooth with linear power delivery and surely does not carry any typical characteristics of the previous engine from the company, which is one of the reasons for the motorcycle's success.