- 5 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Tata Safari Interior Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Here’s What To Expect!
- Sports Bangladesh vs West Indies: Shakib Al Hasan set to return to International cricket
- News Odisha, Maharashtra halt Covid-19 vaccination drive for a day
- Movies MTV Roadies Revolution: Delhi Boy Hamid Barkzi From Nikhil’s Team Wins The 17th Edition Of The Show
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Royal Enfield has added yet another feather to its cap as its quintessential, modern classic roadster, the Interceptor 650 has been the best selling motorcycle in the UK for the last 12 months (as per MCIA data from June 2019 - June 2020).
Speaking about this achievement Vinod K. Dasari, CEO Royal Enfield said "Our vision is to expand and lead the middleweight motorcycling segment across the world. Towards this vision and further strengthening our position as a truly global brand, Royal Enfield has been consistently focusing on widening its footprint in international markets and creating engaging experiences for enthusiasts. Since its launch, the Interceptor 650 has been gaining momentum among consumers, and has won several awards globally. Dominating the mid-segment in the UK for a year, is a truly remarkable achievement that we are very proud of. We are equally delighted with the success of our adventure-tourer Himalayan which has been among the top 5 best selling middle-weight motorcycles in the UK consistently over the last 12 months. This response from our customers in the UK has propelled Royal Enfield to become one of the fastest growing motorcycle brands in the UK."
"The Interceptor 650 marked the beginning of a new chapter and was the first truly global motorcycle from Royal Enfield. It has paved the way for us to grow from strength to strength; by building more awareness and aspiration for the brand in international markets, and by growing the 500cc+ category more than 4-times in India. Both the Interceptor 650 and Himalayan have brought in a lot of first time buyers into Royal Enfield and we believe these motorcycles have a strong potential to grow our international markets," he further added.
Royal Enfield has recorded an overall volume growth of 96 per cent across its international markets in FY20, with Europe registering 100 per cent growth over the last year. In the UK, Royal Enfield has 67 customer touchpoints and the brand has also invested in expanding its marketing, sales and service teams to manage its growth overseas.
The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 features a BS6 compliant 647.95cc air/ oil-cooled parallel-twin engine that produces 47bhp of power and 52Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Thoughts About The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
The Interceptor 650 has attracted a lot of customers majorly because of the powertrain department. The new parallel-twin engine is smooth with linear power delivery and surely does not carry any typical characteristics of the previous engine from the company, which is one of the reasons for the motorcycle's success.