- 3 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 9 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 13 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Movies Sunny Movie Review: Jayasurya's Powerful Performance Saves This Brave Attempt
- News Bihar court's unique condition to rape accused to get bail: Wash clothes of 2000 women
- Sports IPL 2021, DC vs SRH: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Finance 3 EPFO Services Subscribers Can Avail Via Digilocker
- Technology Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System Launched In India: Supports Over 120 Devices
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Education Delhi University Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Royal Enfield has been working on updating its model lineup for the Indian market. The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is said to be the first of multiple new products set to be introduced in India. Most of the new products will come with 350cc and above displacements, a category which the brand already dominates.
In line with this, a new motorcycle has been spotted recently in Chennai undergoing testing. A new spy video by Miles_on_Smile/Instagram showcases the motorcycle which resembles the brand's Interceptor 650 model, with a few differences.
This could indicate that Royal Enfield is working on a new smaller capacity version of its Interceptor model for the Indian market. The new Royal Enfield Interceptor 350 which is what even the video caption suggests could be in the works.
As seen from the spy video, the new Royal Enfield Interceptor 350 carries forward most of the components from the larger 650 model. This includes the gold-painted gas canisters for the rear suspension, halogen tail lamps, pillion grab rail and even the turn indicators.
However, what is different is the presence of a single exhaust pipe, present on the right-side of the motorcycle. The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 though comes with a dual exhaust pipe setup.
The new 350cc motorcycle from Royal Enfield is also expected to come with standard telescopic forks at the front. Braking will continue to be handled by disc brakes at both ends, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The new Interceptor 350 could also feature the same instrument cluster as the recently introduced Meteor 350, including the new tripper navigation system as well.
We also expect the new Royal Enfield Interceptor 350 to borrow the brand-new 349cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled SOHC engine, which debuted on the Meteor 350 motorcycle. The power and torque figures are expected to remain identical with 20.2bhp and 27Nm of peak torque. It will come mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Royal Enfield though could introduce the Interceptor 350 model with a completely new nameplate. The Chennai-based motorcycle brand has filed a few names for trademark and could use one of those on the new model.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Royal Enfield Interceptor 350 Motorcycle
Royal Enfield will be bringing in a number of new products in the Indian market, starting next year. The new Interceptor 350 could be one of them as well. While there are no details yet, Royal Enfield could price the new 350cc model under Rs 1.8 lakh, ex-showroom bracket.