- 1 hr ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 9 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Movies Raj Anadkat On TMKOC Completing 3000 Episodes: 'There Will Be Some Grand Dhamakedar Celebrations'
- News Earthquake hits Delhi
- Sports Vanuatu T10 Super League 2020: MyTeam11 Fantasy Tips: Mighty Efate Panthers vs Ifira Sharks
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Royal Enfield has launched the Himalayan BS6 in the Indian market. The new BS6 Himalayan is offered with a starting price of Rs 1.81 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 is offered with a host of new features, colours and a number of updates as well.
The new BS6 Himalayan is now offered with three new paint schemes: Gravel Grey, Lake Blue and Rock Red. These three new paint schemes will be offered with the standard colours carried forward from the previous model, which include Granite Black, Sleet Grey and Snow White.
Here are the colour-wise prices for the new Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6:
|Granite Black||Rs 1,81,811|
|Sleet Grey||Rs 1,89,565|
|Snow White||Rs 1,86,811|
|Gravel Grey||Rs 1,89,565|
|Lake Blue||Rs 1,91,401|
|Rock Red||Rs 1,91,401|
*Note: All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the three new paint schemes, the new Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 now also comes with a host of new features and equipment. This now includes switchable ABS, which can be controlled using a new switch on the console, to toggle between ABS activation and deactivation. The Royal Enfield Himalayan now comes equipped with Hazard toggle switch as well.
The new Himalayan carries forward the BS6-compliant version of the same 411cc engine used on the BS4 model. Although Royal Enfield hasn't updated the technical specifications of the BS6 engine on their website, we expect the power output of the Himalayan BS6 to remain almost identical. To reiterate, the BS4 version of the Royal Enfield Himalayan was producing 24bhp and 32Nm of torque from its 411cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 model remains unchanged. It carries forward the same mechanicals as well, this includes 21-inch and 17-inch wheels at the front and rear, long-travel suspension at both ends and a high ground clearance of 220mm.
Bookings for the new BS6 Himalayan have already started, with dealerships accepting bookings for the same. Deliveries of the Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 is said to begin soon.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6
Royal Enfield has silently updated the Himalayan to comply with the BS6 emission norms, which is expected to be implemented from April 2020. The Royal Enfield Himalayan is the brand's first ADV offering and rivals the likes of the BMW G 310 GS, Kawasaki Versys X-300 and the upcoming KTM 390 Adventure.