- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV700 Spied Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 2 hrs ago Honda H’Ness CB350 Prices Hiked Again In India: New Variant-Wise Price List
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Facelift Teaser Image Revealed
- 15 hrs ago Top-Selling Cars In India In April 2021: Maruti Suzuki WagonR Takes Top Slot, Followed By Swift & Alto
- News Over 53 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses to be delivered to states, UTs in 3 days: Health Ministry
- Movies Radhe: Did The Makers Voluntarily Make 21 Cuts & Modifications In The Film After Getting Censor Certificate?
- Technology COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Gets Four-Digit Code: How To Register On CoWIN?
- Finance What is the Difference Between Cess and Surcharge?
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR's Tim Seifert to stay back after testing COVID-19 positive
- Education CBSE 'Dost for Life' App Launched For Well-being Of Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Surprising Benefits Of Gold For Your Health And Beauty
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Royal Enfield has launched the Himalayan BS6 in the Indian market. The new BS6 Himalayan is offered with a starting price of Rs 1.81 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 is offered with a host of new features, colours and a number of updates as well.
The new BS6 Himalayan is now offered with three new paint schemes: Gravel Grey, Lake Blue and Rock Red. These three new paint schemes will be offered with the standard colours carried forward from the previous model, which include Granite Black, Sleet Grey and Snow White.
Here are the colour-wise prices for the new Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6:
|Granite Black||Rs 1,81,811|
|Sleet Grey||Rs 1,89,565|
|Snow White||Rs 1,86,811|
|Gravel Grey||Rs 1,89,565|
|Lake Blue||Rs 1,91,401|
|Rock Red||Rs 1,91,401|
*Note: All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the three new paint schemes, the new Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 now also comes with a host of new features and equipment. This now includes switchable ABS, which can be controlled using a new switch on the console, to toggle between ABS activation and deactivation. The Royal Enfield Himalayan now comes equipped with Hazard toggle switch as well.
The new Himalayan carries forward the BS6-compliant version of the same 411cc engine used on the BS4 model. Although Royal Enfield hasn't updated the technical specifications of the BS6 engine on their website, we expect the power output of the Himalayan BS6 to remain almost identical. To reiterate, the BS4 version of the Royal Enfield Himalayan was producing 24bhp and 32Nm of torque from its 411cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 model remains unchanged. It carries forward the same mechanicals as well, this includes 21-inch and 17-inch wheels at the front and rear, long-travel suspension at both ends and a high ground clearance of 220mm.
Bookings for the new BS6 Himalayan have already started, with dealerships accepting bookings for the same. Deliveries of the Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 is said to begin soon.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6
Royal Enfield has silently updated the Himalayan to comply with the BS6 emission norms, which is expected to be implemented from April 2020. The Royal Enfield Himalayan is the brand's first ADV offering and rivals the likes of the BMW G 310 GS, Kawasaki Versys X-300 and the upcoming KTM 390 Adventure.