- 58 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 3 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Highest number of COVID-19 vaccines administered in UP on first day of inoculation
- Sports Nets' Harden enters NBA history books with triple-double, Lillard leads Blazers
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
We already know that Royal Enfield is working on a new 650cc cruiser motorcycle for the Indian market. The upcoming cruiser motorcycle resembles the KX bobber concept that was showcased at the EICMA 2018.
Latest images circulating on WhatsApp showcases the RE 650cc cruiser without any camouflage revealing some of its design and features. Starting with the round-shaped headlamps and what appears to be a single-pod instrument cluster with the brand's Tipper navigation unit placed next to it.
The spy images also reveal the motorcycle to feature twin-chrome finished exhausts on either side, a heat-guard plate placed below the fuel tank. The motorcycle seems to be using two different alloy wheel sizes and could be 17-inch and 16-inch at the front and rear respectively.
The motorcycle features a retro-bobber design with a large-sculpted fuel tank with a capacity of around 17 litres, giving it a good amount of range compared to other 650cc motorcycles currently on sale in the country.
The cruiser motorcycle features rounded-fenders at both ends with lower-set turn-signal indicators at the rear along with a round-shaped LED tail lamp. Other features from the soy images showcase the split-seat arrangement and look to be well-cushioned to support longer journeys.
The motorcycle also features wide handlebar with slightly forward-set footpegs making for a relaxed riding position. Navigating through bustling city traffic will not be an issue as the motorcycle features a low rider seat height.
Coming to the heart of the upcoming cruiser motorcycle, Royal Enfield has equipped with its proven parallel-twin engine powertrain similar to the ones found on the current 650 twins in the brand's portfolio.
The spy images reveal a radiator placed at the front of the motorcycle, giving heed to the earlier speculation of using a liquid cooling system, which is also the first for the brand.
The 649cc air and oil-cooled, parallel-twin-cylinder engine on the 650 twins produces 47bhp and a peak torque of 52Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, with slipper-clutch assisted. We expect the power and torque figures to remain similar or see a slight improvement if the engine achieves liquid cooling on the new motorcycle.
The motorcycle is using a USD fork at the front and a twin-shock setup at the rear. The USD fork setup will the brand's first implementation on its motorcycle. Fans have been waiting for RE to use the setup for a long time. It is expected to improve the upcoming bobber's handling characteristics by a substantial margin.
Braking is handled by a single disc brake at either end that is similar to the ones seen on the 650cc motorcycles in the brand's line-up. It is also expected to get a dual-channel ABS as standard. The motorcycle features alloy wheels and a fat section tyre at the rear.
The instrument cluster on the 650cc motorcycle will feature Bluetooth enabled technology. it will feature the brand's onboard navigation system called the Tripper. A similar setup can be seen on the upcoming Royal Enfield Meteor motorcycle.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Cruiser Spotted Testing Without Camouflage Ahead Of Launch
Royal Enfield is gearing up to launch its third 650cc motorcycle in the Indian market, which will be a premium cruiser motorcycle from the brand. It could come with a host of new features such as USD forks, a liquid-cooled engine and more. The cruiser motorcycle is expected to be launched sometime next year in India.