- 4 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 5 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 5 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 6 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Royal Enfield earlier this year, became an official OEM Partner of American Flat Track (AFT) to further improve its brand awareness. Under this new partnership, the company will be showcasing the 650-Twin flat track motorcycles for selected rounds at the 2020 AFT season.
Image Courtesy: RideApart
Moreover, Royal Enfield also came up with the Build-Train-Race program. Four women participants were selected to custom-build their own 650 Flat Tracker and compete at the AFT event. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the event has been postponed. Below are the details of the riders and their custom-built motorcycles.
Melissa Paris started racing on 125cc and 250cc motorcycles soon after she learned riding at the age of 20. She made her professional debut in the 2009 Daytona 200 and became the first woman to qualify for a World Supersport event. The RE Flat Tracker built by her features a single-seat, custom rear cowl, custom handlebars, Ohlins suspension and an S&S exhaust system.
Andrea Lothrop runs a DIY motorcycle club called Moto Revere in Canada. Her custom RE 650 Flat Tracker features a custom-built seat, handlebar, lightweight body panels and S&S slip-on exhausts.
Lanakila MacNaughton is a Portland-based photographer and motorcyclist. She started ‘The Women's Moto Exhibit', a travelling photo exhibition highlighting female motorcycle culture. She is also one of Royal Enfield's Brand Ambassadors. Her custom RE 650 Flat Tracker features S&S slip-ons, aftermarket rims and a custom handlebar.
Last but not least, Jillian Deschenes won the District 23 AMA Flat Track women's championship in 2019, which was her second year of racing. For her custom RE 650 Flat Tracker, she has used a custom fuel tank, seat, rear cowl, Race tech suspension, handlebar and a full-system S&S exhaust system.
The Royal Enfield 650 twins are powered by a 649cc air and oil-cooled parallel-twin engine that produces 47bhp of power at 7,250rpm and 52Nm of peak torque at 5,250rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox along with a slipper-clutch.
Thoughts About The 650 Flat Tracker bikes
A big thanks to Royal Enfield for coming up with the Build-Train-Race program. As far as the customer RE Flat Tracker goes, each of them have built the motorcycle according to their taste and all of them look like they mean business.