- 6 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 23 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 24 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- News Second part pf parliament's budget session from Monday
- Sports UFC 259 results: Blachowicz, Nunes retain belts; Yan loses title due to DQ
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Lifestyle Divyanka Tripathi’s Cool And Stylish Braid Hairstyle Will Spruce Up Your Boring Ponytail
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Indian two-wheeler ride-hailing platform, Rapido, has launched its services in the financial capital of the country, Mumbai. Rapido will allow Mumbaikars to book bike taxis for their everyday commute from the comfort and safety of their home.
The tariff for the two-wheeler ride-sharing service starts from as low as Rs 6 per kilometre. The company is providing the most affordable everyday commute option for the city of Mumbai. Rapido has also announced an introductory offer for Users in the city. Rapido customers in Mumbai will receive up to 50 per cent discount on their first ride.
Rapido aims to make first and last-mile connectivity for customers and Captains (driver-partner) in the city, convenient as well as easily accessible. The company also offers youths an earning opportunity, becoming an additional financial aid.
In Mumbai, Rapido has on-boarded 2000 Captains to kickstart the operations. The company aims to onboard over 2 lakh Captians within 2 years across the country. The Rapido bike taxi service is currently present across 100+ cities in India. The company currently has a customer base of over 15 million in India.
Customers looking to avail the service will have to download the Rapido smartphone application and complete registration. Once registered, they can start to request a bike taxi at an affordable price. The application is available for both iOS and Android users.
Mr Aravind Sanka, Co-Founder, Rapido, said, "The pandemic gave us an opportunity. It left almost 8 million daily commuters of the Mumbai travel looking for an alternate mode of travel. As the city builds back from COVID 19, there is a demanding need for an accessible, affordable, and safe everyday commute option."
He further added, "We believe, Rapido with it's the innovative and successful model will be able to address that need. We plan to provide earning opportunities for the youth of Mumbai. In the next 2 years, we aim to onboard 2 Lakh Captains onto Rapido's bike taxi platform."
Rapido recently announced several initiatives towards maintaining safety and following guidelines to protect the customer and the Captain. This includes the innovative ‘Back Shields' for bike taxi rides.
The Captains will also completely sanitize and clean the seats and all customer accessible areas, post every ride, along with mandatory usage of masks during the entire ride by the Captains and the passengers. The company also introduced a new policy, where it provides free cancellation if Captains or customers are without a mask.
Thoughts About Rapido Launching Bike Taxi Service In Mumbai
Rapido is among the most affordable ride-hailing platforms offered across India. The company offers two-wheeler taxis for users, who are looking to commute from point A to B without having to bear the cost of an auto-rickshaw or a four-wheeler taxi.