- 8 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 9 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Tata Safari Interior Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Here’s What To Expect!
- Sports Fulham 0-1 Chelsea: Mount spares blushes of unimpressive Blues
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 16 Highlights: Salman Khan Schools Sonali Phogat, Callers Question Contestants
- News Maharashtra halts Covid-19 vaccination drive till Monday due to Co-Win app glitches
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
In an attempt to enhance safety during the current Covid-19 crisis, bike taxi aggregator Rapido has announced launching Rapido Back Shields as an added safety precaution for their Ride Captains, ensuring commuters are more comfortable in the process.
The back shield has been designed to ensure some extent of social distancing between the Ride Captains and their passengers. The company says that the addition of the shield is aimed at enhancing safety of passengers while using bike taxi services. The shield is built of lightweight PVC board and features backpack style straps for the Captain to wear.
The portable back shield weights just 400 grams and will be worn by the Ride Captain. The shield prevents any contact between the rider and the pillion throughout the trip.
The Bengaluru based bike taxi aggregator said that it would bear all costs for the shield and their installations, at no cost to its Ride Captains. The brand says this initiative helps the Captains financially, negating the need for them to spend on shields themselves.
Mr Aravind Sanka, the Co-Founder of Rapido, said, "The safety of our customers is of prime concern to us. We want them to feel safe and assured whenever they use Rapido. From using masks, sanitisers and ensuring regular checks of Captains, now we have worked on an innovative back shield that will act as a protective gear that will further increase the safety of our rides."
The brand has been testing shields with their rider-partners across Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur and Kolkata over the last few weeks and Captains have registered 800 trips with the shields so far.
The tests were conducted for size, quality, and aerodynamics of the product in order to offer the best shield possible that is comfortable for both the rider and the pillion, and one that minimises touchpoints for the passenger.
In addition to the shields, all Rapido Road Captains have to wear a face mask, carry sanitisers, and use a helmet in addition to a helmet. The brand has also requested customers to carry their own helmets while using Rapido services.
The brand has also made changes to its policy, and now allows free ride cancellations if either the Road Captain or customers refuse to wear a mask.
In addition, Rapido's own safety measures mandate that all bikes have to be sanitised before every ride, and all their rider-partners have to checklist items and submit a declaration pledging adherence before accepting rides.
Thoughts About The Rapido Back Shields
We're impressed with the simplicity of design that the back shield features. And being lightweight helps too. We're sure riders and pillions will both be a whole lot more comfortable while ferrying and being ferried around.