- 18 min ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 5 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- Lifestyle After Viral Memes, Here’s The Story Behind Bernie Sanders’ Famous Mittens
- Movies Pavitra Rishta's Karan Veer Mehra-Nidhi's Wedding Functions Begin: Couple Looks Adorable At Mehendi Ceremony
- News Watch: Melania refuses to pose with Trump after they leave White House
- Technology LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Expectations Of Common Man
- Sports Saini bowled despite injury in the second innings at Brisbane
- Education JK Bank PO Result 2021: Check Mains Result At jkbank.com
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. had earlier announced that the bookings for the all-new CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and Fireblade SP have opened. Both the motorcycles were revealed at the 2019 EICMA Show in Milan, and are the most powerful Honda Fireblade to be ever introduced and they will be introduced via the CBU route in India.
However, according to the latest report by Zigwheels, the standard Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade will be priced at Rs 30 lakh and the top-spec Fireblade SP variant will carry a price tag of Rs 34 lakh (all prices mentioned are ex-showroom). The pricing for the new motorcycles is way too high as the previous generation CBR1000RR Fireblade retailed between Rs 17 lakh and Rs 21 lakh (ex-showroom) in India.
The CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and Fireblade SP have been created with extensive involvement of Honda Racing Corporation (HRC). Both motorcycles get the engine, chassis technology and aerodynamics drawn from the RC213V MotoGP machine. Due to this, both versions of the new Fireblade will be having a blistering track performance.
Mechanically the 2020 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade is powered by a 1000cc in-line four-cylinder engine. The unit is capable of producing 214.5bhp at 14,500rpm and a peak torque of 113Nm at 12,500rpm. The engine now uses an all-new Bore and Stroke which is the same as the MotoGP's RC213V motorcycle.
The pistons are also forged out of aluminium making it lighter by almost 5 per cent. However, The CBR1000RR-R Fireblade's muffler is made out of titanium that makes it lightweight. It also features a special valve in the exhaust that helps boost the torque at lower revs and increase horsepower at higher rpm.
Thoughts About The CBR1000RR-R Fireblade And Fireblade SP
Both the CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and Fireblade SP are the most powerful motorcycle that Honda has ever produced. Once launched, the Fireblades will go up against the likes of the BMW S 1000 RR, Ducati Panigale V4, Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R and the Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory.