- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The COVID-19 pandemic has struck the globe hard, businesses across the world are going into losses. India is also currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 17 due to the crisis. Organizations across our country had to suspend their work keeping the social distancing norms in mind. However, recently the Government has come up with some guidelines that will allow the businesses to work safely.
Piaggio Vehicles Pvt Ltd. has announced that it will be restarting operations at the company's Baramati plants as the Government eases the lockdown. According to the company, the plants are operational with all safety standards as per the government guidelines. The company also reopened 6 regional offices across India, and its PVPL dealerships across the nation have also resumed operations. All the dealerships across India will be following the safety and hygiene guidelines.
According to an official company note, "Currently, 135 three-wheeler commercial vehicle dealerships and 65 two-wheeler dealerships have reopened and are functional ensuring Piaggio customers have access to the service and warranty extensions the company began offering at the start of the covid-19 crisis."
Diego Graffi, MD & CEO of Piaggio Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. said, "At PVPL our number one priority is the health and safety of our stakeholders, from our employees to our customers to our dealers and suppliers. We are taking all the necessary precautions which are required for the safety and well-being of our employees at the factories. Along with norms of social distancing, sanitizing, we are ensuring all guidelines are followed for the health & safety of our workforce while we get back to business & extend the required service to our customers''.
In other latest Piaggio India news, the company ensured that the migrant workers in Pune and Baramati receive basic food security for a month. The ration kits from Piaggio were given to the Executive Magistrate's office in Baramati and an NGO 'New Vision', in Pune. Both these organisations distributed the rations supplied by Piaggio to migrant workers in their respective areas.
Piaggio is also said to be supporting the local authorities of Baramati as well. The company will be helping the local government authorities to set up an isolation centre for COVID-19 patients.
Thoughts About Piaggio Restarting Its Operations
Piaggio also joined the list of vehicle manufacturers to pledge their support towards the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic in India. The company has taken up multiple initiatives to ensure both safety and relief is provided to those in need during the current crisis situation.