- 1 hr ago Tata Nexon Low EMI Scheme Introduced In India: Finance Offers & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Expected Pricing & Other Details
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Superb Sportline Road Test Review: One Of The Best Looking Luxury Sedans In The Market
- News Unlock 5.0 guidelines: Here is what to expect
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 5 Launched In India For Rs. 2,499
- Movies Varun Dhawan To Start Shooting For Raj Mehta's Romantic Comedy
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Essential Oils For Relieving Headaches And Migraine
- Finance Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO: Retail Portion Subscribed Fully On Day 1
- Sports Coronavirus: Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka put off once again
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Download UG & PG Question Paper And Provisional Answer Keys
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has struck the globe hard, businesses across the world are going into losses. India is also currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 17 due to the crisis. Organizations across our country had to suspend their work keeping the social distancing norms in mind. However, recently the Government has come up with some guidelines that will allow the businesses to work safely.
Piaggio Vehicles Pvt Ltd. has announced that it will be restarting operations at the company's Baramati plants as the Government eases the lockdown. According to the company, the plants are operational with all safety standards as per the government guidelines. The company also reopened 6 regional offices across India, and its PVPL dealerships across the nation have also resumed operations. All the dealerships across India will be following the safety and hygiene guidelines.
According to an official company note, "Currently, 135 three-wheeler commercial vehicle dealerships and 65 two-wheeler dealerships have reopened and are functional ensuring Piaggio customers have access to the service and warranty extensions the company began offering at the start of the covid-19 crisis."
Diego Graffi, MD & CEO of Piaggio Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. said, "At PVPL our number one priority is the health and safety of our stakeholders, from our employees to our customers to our dealers and suppliers. We are taking all the necessary precautions which are required for the safety and well-being of our employees at the factories. Along with norms of social distancing, sanitizing, we are ensuring all guidelines are followed for the health & safety of our workforce while we get back to business & extend the required service to our customers''.
In other latest Piaggio India news, the company ensured that the migrant workers in Pune and Baramati receive basic food security for a month. The ration kits from Piaggio were given to the Executive Magistrate's office in Baramati and an NGO 'New Vision', in Pune. Both these organisations distributed the rations supplied by Piaggio to migrant workers in their respective areas.
Piaggio is also said to be supporting the local authorities of Baramati as well. The company will be helping the local government authorities to set up an isolation centre for COVID-19 patients.
Thoughts About Piaggio Restarting Its Operations
Piaggio also joined the list of vehicle manufacturers to pledge their support towards the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic in India. The company has taken up multiple initiatives to ensure both safety and relief is provided to those in need during the current crisis situation.