- 8 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 13 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Technology Amazon Gaming Gadgets Sale: Discount Offer On Gaming Devices
- Sports Euro 2020: Slovakia vs Spain: Statistical Highlights: Enrique's side notch thumping 5-0 win to enter knockouts
- News PM Modi's meeting with Jammu and Kashmir leaders: Kashmir Valley on alert | Top Developments
- Movies Naane Varuven: The Dhanush-Selvaraghavan Project To Start Rolling On August 20
- Finance FMCG Companies Log Sales Growth After Unlock 2.0:
- Education Lucknow University To Offer Course In Philosophical Counselling
- Lifestyle Jyeshtha Purnima 2021: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
The COVID-19 pandemic has struck the globe hard, businesses across the world are going into losses. India is also currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 17 due to the crisis. Organizations across our country had to suspend their work keeping the social distancing norms in mind. However, recently the Government has come up with some guidelines that will allow the businesses to work safely.
Piaggio Vehicles Pvt Ltd. has announced that it will be restarting operations at the company's Baramati plants as the Government eases the lockdown. According to the company, the plants are operational with all safety standards as per the government guidelines. The company also reopened 6 regional offices across India, and its PVPL dealerships across the nation have also resumed operations. All the dealerships across India will be following the safety and hygiene guidelines.
According to an official company note, "Currently, 135 three-wheeler commercial vehicle dealerships and 65 two-wheeler dealerships have reopened and are functional ensuring Piaggio customers have access to the service and warranty extensions the company began offering at the start of the covid-19 crisis."
Diego Graffi, MD & CEO of Piaggio Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. said, "At PVPL our number one priority is the health and safety of our stakeholders, from our employees to our customers to our dealers and suppliers. We are taking all the necessary precautions which are required for the safety and well-being of our employees at the factories. Along with norms of social distancing, sanitizing, we are ensuring all guidelines are followed for the health & safety of our workforce while we get back to business & extend the required service to our customers''.
In other latest Piaggio India news, the company ensured that the migrant workers in Pune and Baramati receive basic food security for a month. The ration kits from Piaggio were given to the Executive Magistrate's office in Baramati and an NGO 'New Vision', in Pune. Both these organisations distributed the rations supplied by Piaggio to migrant workers in their respective areas.
Piaggio is also said to be supporting the local authorities of Baramati as well. The company will be helping the local government authorities to set up an isolation centre for COVID-19 patients.
Thoughts About Piaggio Restarting Its Operations
Piaggio also joined the list of vehicle manufacturers to pledge their support towards the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic in India. The company has taken up multiple initiatives to ensure both safety and relief is provided to those in need during the current crisis situation.