- 1 hr ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- News Heatwave: IMD issues 'red alert' for most North Indian states, asks people to stay indoors
- Movies Eid Mubarak 2020: Mahesh Babu, Chiranjeevi & Other Wish Fans On Eid-Al-Fitr
- Sports La Liga boss wants June 11 Seville derby to restart season
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Piaggio India has announced a number of initiatives to help the central and state governments fight the current COVID-19 pandemic in the country. The company has extended its support with various safety and relief initiatives in Pune and Baramati.
Piaggio has ensured migrant workers in Pune & Baramati receive basic food security for a month. This is through offering free food ration kits for 1000 migrant workers in the above-mentioned places.
The ration kits from Piaggio have been given to the Executive Magistrate's office in Baramati and an NGO 'New Vision', in Pune. Both these organisations will distribute the rations supplied by Piaggio to migrant workers in their respective areas.
In addition to the ration kits in Pune and Baramati, Piaggio has also partnered with another NGO, called 'United Way Mumbai'. The association between the two will ensure the provision of any and all infrastructural support to Pune's Sassoon Government Hospital. This includes sanitisation infrastructure at the hospital, along with provision of PPE kits as well.
Piaggio is also said to be supporting the local authorities of Baramati as well. The company will be helping the local government authorities to set up an isolation centre for COVID-19 patients.
Piaggio has already started procuring all the necessary equipment required to set up the isolation centres. This includes acquiring equipment such as PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Kits, beds, ECG machines and Pulse Oximeter; among others.
Talking about Piaggio, the company is said to be introducing a number of new products in India, under both the Vespa and Aprilia brand name. The company was among the only two-wheeler manufacturers at the 2020 Auto Expo, where they showcased the Aprilia SXR 160 maxi scooter.
The Aprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter which was supposed to go on sale in India in mid-2020 has been delayed by a couple of months. The postponement of the launch of the scooter is mainly due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, which has put the entire country under lockdown — here are the details.
Thoughts On Piaggio India's Initiatives To Support The Fight Against COVID-19
Piaggio is the latest two-wheeler brand to join the long list of vehicle manufacturers to pledge their support towards the fight against COVID-19 in India. The company has taken up multiple initiatives to ensure both safety and relief is provided to those in need during the current crisis situation.