- 2 hrs ago Kia Motors Release First Official Images Of Its Upcoming EV6: Here Are The Details!
- 2 hrs ago Citroen C3 Aircross Spid Testing Without Wraps: Here Are The Details!
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar SUV Spotted Testing Once Again: Here's Everything You Need To Know
- 5 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Offers Up To Rs 75,000 Available In March 2021: Here Are The Details!
- Movies Shweta Tiwari Has A Strong Message For Those Who Suffer Domestic Abuse; Hopes Her Experience Acts As Guidepost
- News Maha Shivratri 2021: Why we must not sleep on 'The Greate Night Of Shiva'
- Sports ICC Women ODI Rankings: India skipper Mithali Raj stable, Smriti Mandhana drops one place
- Lifestyle Roohi Promotions: Janhvi Kapoor’s Minimal Pink Make-Up Look Is All You Need To Copy To Get Ready In 5 Minutes
- Finance Attention Traders: Sebi Updates Framework on Unique Client Code, PAN
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021: How To Check BSEB Result At bsebstet2019.in
- Technology Apple Might Start Manufacturing iPhone 12 Soon In India: Report
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Ola Electric Mobility Pvt Ltd (Ola Electric) has announced its successful acquisition of Netherlands based electric two-wheeler manufacturer, Etergo BV. The fleet operator has also announced that it will look to launch a new electric scooter for Indian and international markets by 2021.
Etergo was founded in 2014, it has developed an all-electric state-of-the-art AppScooter, which has won multiple awards across the world. The scooter is known for its innovative design and engineering at CES 2019 and Automotive Brand Contest held in Germany; among others.
The AppScooter was first introduced in 2018, it uses swappable high energy density batteries to deliver a range up to 240km and class-leading acceleration. The electric-scooter features removable batteries which weight 7.5 Kgs and requires 2 hours and 30 minutes for a full charge. The AppScooter houses three batteries with each one featuring a range of 80 kilometres.
The electric-scooter is powered by an AC Brushless motor with a maximum output of 6KW and a peak torque output of 135Nm. The Appscooter can accelerate from 0 to 45kmph in 3.9 seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 95kmph with all three batteries packs in place.
The scooter offers 50 litres of storage space underneath the saddle and comes with a whole host of features. These include an infotainment display for the instrument cluster with navigation support, connected technology with smartphone apps integrations and more.
The AppScooter features a modern and contemporary design with curved fenders, LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, horizontally-mounted LED tail lamps, contoured seats and a clean looking front apron without any indicators mounted on it.
Speaking about the successful acquisition and future plans of the company, Bhavish Aggarwal, Founder & Chairman, Ola Electric, said, "The future of mobility is electric, and the post COVID world presents an opportunity for us to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility globally. Every year, almost twice the number of two-wheelers are sold across the world compared to cars."
He further added, "With electric, digitally connected capabilities, two-wheelers will further emerge as the most preferred urban mobility paradigm around the world and empower every consumer. We look forward to building the best global capabilities in engineering, design, and manufacturing for these products to be made here in India."
Bart Jacobsz Rosier, Co-founder & CEO, Etergo BV, said, "Ola is one of the world's most admired mobility companies and has led the way for many innovations in the space, including its bold ambition for electric mobility. We are looking forward to joining Ola Electric and together, reimagining electric mobility to transform the way the world moves!"
Alongside the development of new electric scooter, Ola is already working with leading power distribution companies to develop an ecosystem to help the EV users in the country. These include battery swapping stations, charging stations that are being set up across various parts in New Delhi. The company is also seeking guidance from a panel of experts in the field of global mobility which includes veterans like BVR Subbu and Jaime Ardila.
The company also plans is currently running several pilots to deploy electric vehicles and charging solutions across cities with a focus on two and three-wheelers. Ola Electric also aims to build a suite of electric and smart urban mobility solutions for global citizens, both in India and around the world.
Thoughts About The Ola Electric Scooters With Smart Connectivity To Be Introduced In India
Electric two-wheelers are becoming the most efficient and cleanest solution for urban mobility. According to recent reports, the electric two-wheeler is also expected to see a substantial surge in demand in the post-COVID-19 world. The company aims to reach over 100 million customers globally with 20 million from the Indian market in future with the new Appscooter.