- 10 min ago Tata Nexon EV Achieves New Sales Milestone: Here Are All The Details
- 1 hr ago Rolls Royce & Infosys Partners For Aviation Engineering In India: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Ducati Monster Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 3 hrs ago 2021 KTM Duke 125 India Launch Expected By Year-End: Bookings & Delivery Details
- Sports India vs Australia | Brett Lee hammers decision to rest Pat Cummins after two ODIs
- Movies Delhi Crime Casting Director Mukesh Chhabra Says He Had One Of The Biggest Responsibilities
- Finance RIL Runs Up For 3 Days; Leads Indices To Record High
- News Former Punjab CM Badal returns Padma Vibhushan to protest betrayal of farmers
- Technology OnePlus 9 Series Confirmed To Run Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G SoC
- Lifestyle Hina Khan’s Stylish Looks From Maldives Is The Fashion Inspiration You Need For Your Vacation
- Education Army Public School Result 2020: Check APS CSB Result 2020 For PRT, PGT And TGT
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Ola Electric Mobility Pvt Ltd (Ola Electric) has announced its successful acquisition of Netherlands based electric two-wheeler manufacturer, Etergo BV. The fleet operator has also announced that it will look to launch a new electric scooter for Indian and international markets by 2021.
Etergo was founded in 2014, it has developed an all-electric state-of-the-art AppScooter, which has won multiple awards across the world. The scooter is known for its innovative design and engineering at CES 2019 and Automotive Brand Contest held in Germany; among others.
The AppScooter was first introduced in 2018, it uses swappable high energy density batteries to deliver a range up to 240km and class-leading acceleration. The electric-scooter features removable batteries which weight 7.5 Kgs and requires 2 hours and 30 minutes for a full charge. The AppScooter houses three batteries with each one featuring a range of 80 kilometres.
The electric-scooter is powered by an AC Brushless motor with a maximum output of 6KW and a peak torque output of 135Nm. The Appscooter can accelerate from 0 to 45kmph in 3.9 seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 95kmph with all three batteries packs in place.
The scooter offers 50 litres of storage space underneath the saddle and comes with a whole host of features. These include an infotainment display for the instrument cluster with navigation support, connected technology with smartphone apps integrations and more.
The AppScooter features a modern and contemporary design with curved fenders, LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, horizontally-mounted LED tail lamps, contoured seats and a clean looking front apron without any indicators mounted on it.
Speaking about the successful acquisition and future plans of the company, Bhavish Aggarwal, Founder & Chairman, Ola Electric, said, "The future of mobility is electric, and the post COVID world presents an opportunity for us to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility globally. Every year, almost twice the number of two-wheelers are sold across the world compared to cars."
He further added, "With electric, digitally connected capabilities, two-wheelers will further emerge as the most preferred urban mobility paradigm around the world and empower every consumer. We look forward to building the best global capabilities in engineering, design, and manufacturing for these products to be made here in India."
Bart Jacobsz Rosier, Co-founder & CEO, Etergo BV, said, "Ola is one of the world's most admired mobility companies and has led the way for many innovations in the space, including its bold ambition for electric mobility. We are looking forward to joining Ola Electric and together, reimagining electric mobility to transform the way the world moves!"
Alongside the development of new electric scooter, Ola is already working with leading power distribution companies to develop an ecosystem to help the EV users in the country. These include battery swapping stations, charging stations that are being set up across various parts in New Delhi. The company is also seeking guidance from a panel of experts in the field of global mobility which includes veterans like BVR Subbu and Jaime Ardila.
The company also plans is currently running several pilots to deploy electric vehicles and charging solutions across cities with a focus on two and three-wheelers. Ola Electric also aims to build a suite of electric and smart urban mobility solutions for global citizens, both in India and around the world.
Thoughts About The Ola Electric Scooters With Smart Connectivity To Be Introduced In India
Electric two-wheelers are becoming the most efficient and cleanest solution for urban mobility. According to recent reports, the electric two-wheeler is also expected to see a substantial surge in demand in the post-COVID-19 world. The company aims to reach over 100 million customers globally with 20 million from the Indian market in future with the new Appscooter.