- 30 min ago 2021 Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Unveiled In India — India’s First Hybrid Scooter
- 49 min ago Hyundai Alcazar Bookings, Waiting Period & Delivery Details: Know Which Variant Has More Demand
- 6 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Launched In India At Rs 1.16 Lakh: Retro Design, Bluetooth Connectivity Available
- 18 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar India Launch Price Rs 16.30 Lakh: 7-Seater, Panoramic Sunroof Available
- Sports WTC Final NZ vs India: Twitter flooded with memes as incessant rain delays start of match in Southampton
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day 2021: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share With Your Loved Ones
- Movies Barrister Babu: Anchal Sahu To Romance Pravisht Mishra Aka Anirudh?
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite Color Variants Confirmed; Features, Availability, And More
- Education REET 2021 Exam To Be Held On September 26: Education Minister
- Finance RBI Grants Centrum To Set Up Small Finance Bank, Opening The Door For PMC Bank Takeover
- News Officials from Twitter India appear before Parliamentary Panel headed by Shashi Tharoor
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
Ola, the ride-hailing cab service platform is all set to make its entry into the Indian electric scooter segment. As per reports from PTI, the company is expected to introduce its first electric scooter in India sometime in January 2021.
In May 2020, Ola announced the acquisition of Etergo BV, an Amsterdam-based electric two-wheeler manufacturer for an undisclosed amount. The company will bring its products to India, with initial manufacturing processes to continue in the Netherlands. The Ola electric scooter will also be sold in several European markets simultaneously with India.
Reports also suggested that Ola is planning to sell over million units of the electric scooters in the Indian market in the first year. Also, the initial batches of the e-scooter will be manufactured in the Netherlands. Ola is looking at setting up a production facility in India as well.
The company is said to be in talks with various state governments, to set up India's largest electric two-wheeler manufacturing plant. The facility once setup is said to have a production capacity of 2 million units per year.
The manufacturing facility in India, will also help Ola sell the electric scooters in the market more efficiently, compared to importing it from the Netherlands. Further to this, it will also help the brand participate in the government's move towards an ‘Atma Nirbhar' vision.
Talking about the Etergo-BV, the state-of-the-art app scooter, is said to use high-density swappable batteries, which allows it to offer a range of 240km on a single charge. With the introduction of the electric scooter from Ola, the company hopes to tap into the 20 million unit two-wheeler market in the country.
The Ola electric scooter once launched is said to come priced competitively. The e-scooter is expected to be in the same range as conventional petrol-powered models in the market.
Thoughts On Ola Electric Scooters Launching In India
Ola is all set to enter the growing electric scooter segment in the Indian market. Once the electric scooters from Ola are introduced, they are expected to be positioned as premium offerings and will rival the products from other more mainstream brands like Ather, Bajaj and TVS.