- 16 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 16 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Amazon Gaming Days Sale: Up To 50% Discounts On Gaming Gadgets
- Movies Vijay Sethupathi & Taapsee Pannu To Play Double Roles In Their Next?
- Sports Muguruza overcomes Azarenka to set up Halep semifinal in Rome
- Lifestyle World Marrow Donor Day WMDD: What Is Bone Marrow Transplant? Importance And Side Effects
- News Drug case: Kishore Shetty of 'ABCD' fame arrested in Mangaluru
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Okinawa has announced that their Oki100 electric motorcycle will be launched in India sometime during this year. The upcoming electric motorcycle will be a highly localized product when launched in India.
Jeetender Sharma, Managing Director, Okinawa, stated that the motorcycle will hit the Indian markets sometime between August and October this year. The electric two-wheeler manufacturer has also announced that it will support PM Modi's vision of ‘Vocal For Local' and highly localize their products.
As a result, the upcoming Oki100 will feature most of the parts that will be made in India, with battery being the only exception. This will help support the ‘Make in India' initiative and price their products aggressively as well.
Mr Sharma also stated that the company has achieved 88 per cent localization of its product already. However, with our upcoming electric bike, we are aiming to increase the localization to 100 per cent. It will source components of the electric motorcycle from local suppliers, which will help to boost local businesses and inspire all the EV startups to go ‘Vocal for local'.
The Oki100 motorcycle was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and has been under development ever since. The motorcycle showcased at the expo featured a street-naked design with a muscular and sculpted tank. Other design features include an oval-shaped LED headlamps, LED tail lamps and turn indicators, a fully-digital instrument cluster, raised handlebars, and a single-piece seat; among others.
The Okinawa Oki100 is expected to be powered by a lithium-ion battery pack with 2.5 kW motor, which will be capable of reaching a top speed of 100 km/h. The prototype showcased at the Expo was equipped with some high-end hardware including a (USD) UpSide-Down forks at the front, a mono-shock setup at the rear, and disc brakes at either end. All the mechanicals are expected to make it to the production-spec as well.
The prototype also featured a riding range of 150 km from a single charge which, we hope, is offered by the actual electric motorcycle as well. It could also feature a removable battery pack, regenerative braking to increase the range of the electric motorcycle, and smartphone connectivity as well.
Once launched, the Oki100 motorcycle will primarily rival the Revolt RV300 and RV400 electric bikes in the Indian market. We expect Okinawa to price the Oki100 motorcycle to price it similar or even lower than the Revolt motorcycle because to its 100 per cent localization.
Thoughts About The Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Expected Launch This Year
There has been a substantial increase in demand for electric two-wheelers in the Indian market. Okinawa is looking to take advantage of the current demand and launch the Oki100 electric motorcycle at a relatively lower price by achieving 100 per cent localization of the product.