- 2 hrs ago 2021 Renault Triber Changes Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Updates & Feature Additions
- 5 hrs ago Citroen C5 Aircross Pre-Bookings Begin In India Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago Renault Delivers Over 1100 Units Of the Kiger SUV Across India On The First Day: Here Are The Details
- 7 hrs ago Jaguar I-Pace Electric SUV India Launch Date Announced: Retailer Network Gears Up With Charging Stations
- Sports Mary Kom enters semis of Spanish tourney; assured of medal
- News Sasikala, expelled AIADMK chief, quits politics ahead of Tamil Nadu polls
- Movies Bhediya: Varun Dhawan, Kriti Sanon And Others Meet Arunachal Pradesh CM Before Filming
- Education Monthly Scholarship Of Rs 7000 For Class 11 And 12 Students
- Lifestyle Roohi Promotions: Rajkummar Rao Looks Dapper As Ever In His Lemon Yellow Kurta Set
- Technology How To Book BSNL FTTH Connection Online And Via App
- Finance HDFC Bank Cuts Home Loan Rates By 5bps: Check What Other Banks Are Offering
- Travel Top Summer Holiday Destinations in India
Okinawa will be launching its first electric motorcycle in the country called the Oki100. Jeetender Sharma, Managing Director, Okinawa Scooters, has confirmed that the motorcycle will be arriving sometime during the festive season this year.
The latest report from Zigwheels reveals several details of the upcoming Oki100 electric motorcycle from the brand. The electric motorcycle will be looking nothing like the prototype model that was showcased at the 2018 AutoExpo.
The company's officials have confirmed that it will feature subtle and even a commuter style design for ease of use. Okinawa has also confirmed that the Oki100 will feature swappable batteries for an enhanced ownership experience.
The electric two-wheeler manufacturer had announced that it will support PM Modi's vision of ‘Vocal For Local' and highly localize their products. As a result, the upcoming electric motorcycle will be a 100 per cent localized product when launched in India.
According to the company, Okinawa will be the first brand to achieve 100 per cent localization of electric two-wheelers in the country. This will help support the ‘Make in India' initiative and price their products aggressively as well.
In the pursuit of achieving complete localization of the electric motorcycle, the launch of the motorcycle has been delayed. The motorcycle has been developed from the ground up and has taken around three years.
Okinawa has confirmed that the Oki100 motorcycle could be priced around the 1 lakh mark, which will significantly undercut its primary rival, the Revolt RV400. The company will also collaborate with various banks to provide attractive financing solutions for faster adoption across the country.
The Okinawa Oki100 is expected to be powered by a lithium-ion battery pack with 2.5 kW motor, which will be capable of reaching a top speed of 100 km/h. It will feature a maximum riding range of around 100 kilometres on a single charge.
The prototype showcased at the Expo, which was equipped with some high-end hardware such as USD forks. However, the company has confirmed that it will be using a more conventional setup to keep the costs in check. This includes telescopic suspension at front and mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle will be done via disc brakes at both ends with CBS offering additional safety.
Other details confirmed by the company include LED lighting all-around, smartphone connectivity, geo-fencing, bike location tracking, ride history and more. According to the company, the Oki100 electric motorcycle will offer similar performance as 125cc ICE-powered vehicles.
Thoughts About The Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle
The Oki100 is expected to be the cheapest electric motorcycle when launched in the country. It will also be the most technologically advanced electric two-wheeler made by Okinawa. The company is looking to take advantage of the current demand for electric two-wheeler and the ongoing festive season by launching the new motorcycle.