- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 2 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 3 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- Sports FIFA details $5M handed to players claiming unpaid salaries
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Movies Nick Jonas Spills A Bedroom Secret Of Him And Wife Priyanka Chopra And Its Unmissable
- News Major Opposition parties write to PM Modi, demand free mass vaccination, suspension of Central Vista project
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer, Yamaha Motor, has globally unveiled the Tracer 9 and the Tracer 9 GT sport-touring motorcycles. The 2021 Yamaha Tracer 9 and the Tracer 9 GT features a host of cosmetic and mechanical upgrades over previous models.
The 2021 Yamaha Tracer 9 is a stripped-down version or the sport-touring motorcycle. While the Tracer 9 GT features a host of touring-oriented equipment such as fixed saddle box, LED cornering lights and heated grips; among others.
Both motorcycles feature an all-new design with an aggressive-looking front-end. The motorcycles feature twin-pod headlamp design with integrated LED DRLs placed in the middle. The main headlamps are integrated to the front of the tank fairing.
The sport-touring motorcycle also features a comfortable split-seat design, an upright rider ergonomics, knuckle guards, tall windscreen and a 19-litre fuel tank. The motorcycles feature a two-step adjustable rider seat that set at either 810mm or raised to a maximum of 825mm.
Both motorcycles also feature a dual 3.5" TFT displays for instrument console. The left-side screen displays the speed, gear position, fuel indicator and a tachometer as well. The right-side screen offer information regarding the trip and strangely another readout of the fuel level on the motorcycle.
The Rider can use the screen and toggle switches on the handlebar to control various electronic rider aids offered with the motorcycle. Additionally, the heated grips on the Tracer 9 GT can be controlled similarly.
Speaking about the biggest change on the 2021 model is the all-new engine, that also powers the recently unveiled Yamaha MT-09. The sport-tourers are powered by the liquid-cooled, in-line three-cylinder, 889cc DOHC ‘CP3' engine. It produces a maximum of 118bhp at 10,000rpm and a peak torque of 93Nm at 7000rpm.
The engine on both motorcycles is mated a six-speed gearbox with a slip and assist clutch. However, Yamaha has given the Tracer 9 GT a bi-directional (QSS) Quick Shift System making for faster and smoother clutchless gear shifting.
The 2021 Tracer twins also feature a 6-Axis IMU-based sensor along with lean-sensitive rider aids. This includes the 3-mode Traction Control System (TCS), as well as a Slide Control System (SCS), front-wheel Lift Control System (LIF) and Brake Control system (BC). Additionally, the Deltabox diamond frame on motorcycles is also lighter and compact, making for enhanced handling characteristics.
The suspension setup on the 2021 Tracer 9 is handled via 41mm fully-adjustable forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. On the other hand, the Tracer 9 GT features a semi-active fork from KYB, while the rear setup remains similar to the Tracer 9 model.
Braking on both motorcycles is done via twin 298mm disc with radially-mounted Nissin Caliper at the front and a single 245mm disc brake at the rear. Both motorcycle also features a lightweight spin forged 17-inch alloy wheels at both ends shod with tubeless tyres.
Thoughts About The 2021 Yamaha Tracer 9 & Tracer 9 GT
The 2021 Yamaha Tracer 9 and the Tracer 9 GT are among the most capable sport-touring motorcycles in the segment. Both motorcycles come equipped with a host of electronics that offering confidence to the rider. Whether Yamaha will bring these motorcycles to rival the Versys 1000 and the Ducati Multistrada 950 S in the Indian market, remains to be seen.